On the plus side:
- Fishermans Camp is set in a beautiful wooded area - quite stunning really
- The staff are also very friendly and helpful
- The showers in the bandas are also marvellous.
- You can hire bikes at reasonable prices
However there are a number of problems with the camp, namely:
- Over-priced lodging (despite being in low season they still insisted charging full price on the weekend - Ksh4,000 per banda!)
- Over-priced food (meals typically came in at around Ksh1,000 [£7] for food and a drink, and were OK but not worth that much)
- When we asked to hire a rowing boat they said they were all broken, despite 8 men sitting around the boating area (typical Africa!)
- The website made reference to a swimming pool but when you get there you find that it's the pool belonging to the hotel next door, and you have to pay to use it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jambo, welcome to fischers camp Naivasha, situated on the Moi Southlake Road, Naivasha, 500 mtrs off the Maai-Mahiu-Naivasha Highway. Fischers is the gateway destination we have been waiting for; as the name suggests Fischers is a place of comfort complete with ultra modern facilities. Amenities: accommodation, conferences halls and boardrooms, bar and restaurant, gardens for outdoor activities. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Fisherman`s Camp Hotel Naivasha
- Fisherman's Camp Naivasha, Kenya - Rift Valley