“Beautiful Place to Relax and enjoy”

and 1 more site!
Lake Naivasha Sopa Resort
Dubai
“Beautiful Place to Relax and enjoy”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

It is a beautiful place to relax and enjoy the nature. The drive to the resort is excellent. The rooms are very big with all the modern day amenities. The rooms are very clean. The staff is friendly and polite. The view from the room is excellent. The grounds are lush green and Giraffes, Zebras and Deers roam around in the day time. After 7:00 pm you have to call security to escort you to the dinner area as Hippos come to graze in the grounds. Early morning walks to the lake is wonderful. The hotel is nice and food is good. We were 2 adults and 2 kids and we had wonderful time staying there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The drive into the lodge was very beautiful indeed and the rooms were also spacious as well. I particularly liked the view from outside the room of zebras, water buck and giraffes by the lake. There was reasonably fast, free internet and the only downside was the size of the place and congestion of the dining area. A great one night stay though!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles
Reviewed October 19, 2013

It is indeed a very beautiful lodge.I loved it a minute I got in .Room is very spacious ,each room has a beautiful balcony look out the view with all the animals grazing around like Giraffe / water buck ...I took one star off because the cleanness of the bathroom / Coffee Pot and the fixtures in the bathroom starting falling apart.
Might be in just a bad day for me but the coffee pot in my room was totally DIRTY ( I think they forgot to clean it ) can not be used.
I love the dinning area and the food at the Buffet and Oh I love the Scones at the breakfast This lodge is the only place I found it on 16 days travel to Kenya ,and YES it hit the spot:)
I never have a chance to see the Pool so I can't comment on that .
I can never say enough about the beauty of the Ground they have in their property sooooo Beautiful and the walk from the room to the dinning area was awesome, walking around with the Giraffe?? Unreal
At night before you go to the dinner .You should called for the escort because the Hippos around the Lake .I didn't make a call but I was very careful to look around .
I really enjoyed the Balcony ,taking the book with you and settle in the chair look out the garden and feel so relaxing .Wishing I was there now :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Abu Dhabi
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Sopa lodge swept us off of our feet when we first drove in through the long and winding drive way. Beautifully appointed grounds. It is a large property with zebras, giraffes, horses wandering at leisure. Staff quite efficient and friendly, though stretched due to the large number of guests flowing into the property.

Cottages are beautiful and spacious.

The only downside was the bathroom. Poor fixtures. Toilets were unclean and stained. Shower curtains old and frayed. You have to work magic with the hot water tap to have a proper shower- in the middle of your shower water can turn from the set temperature to scalding hot and then switch to freezing cold.

A bit of plumbing maintenance and proper house keeping would do this place a great favor.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Skegness, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights and found the staff to be so helpful, from carrying bags to my room to the security guards that would take us out to see the wildlife (Hippos and giraffes mainly). Due to the danger of Hippos, during night time if you want to leave your room you call reception who will send a security guard to escort you to the restaurant or wherever you want to go. During the late hours they would also take you to see grazing hippos at a safe distance (but still quite close).

I had a room with a balcony, which allowed me to sit out at night and see the wildlife any time without worrying about my safety.

If you want wildlife on your doorstep with luxury accommodation this place is ideal!

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room with a balcony for all hours wildlife viewing...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This was our third Hotel on our Titan Safari Tour (Excellent Company). It was also the best we experienced. The rooms were enormous, with kettle, safe,shower, bath, Mozzie nets, T.V. and best of all, an outside Balcony or Ground view of a Park with Animals wandering freely. The Dining Room and Bar required escort from your room after dark, because of grazing Hippos and Buffalo. The meals were the best we had on our Tour. Buffet style with a good choice at all meals.Staff and Service was good. Game drives were excellent with sighting of a variety of Game.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jontanton
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed here for 10 nights late September early October 2013 and what a place to stay. We arrived late (12 midnight) due to a delay in Paris, reception was closed but Niomei was called and happily done all the paperwork, she got security to carry our cases to our cottage, Number 8.
The upper cottage itself was very spacious, the ground cottages are even bigger. It was very clean with fridge, TV, coffee/tea making facilities, safe and plenty storeage for clothes. Our first morning we awoke with giraffes walking passed our window, this was just the start of many truly amazing things at this lodge.
The dinning room is large and comfortable, buffet style with a great choice of food, tea/coffee free but water is charged, at breakfast go to the egg station and see Aida, she is a lovely lady, always got a smile, she will brighten any morning. All the staff are wonderful and there are only 3 words you need to know, Jambo, Asante and Karibu...Hello, Thank you and Welcome. try it out.
The grounds are magnificent, you can really get up close to the wild life, giraffes, zebras monkees and water bucks roam freely around the grounds, take a stroll to the jetty, stay awhile and listen to the sounds, a lovely thing to do just after breakfast.
The pool area is very clean and a great place to have a lazy day, but watch out for the giraffes, they too like to have a lazy day, we had one join us in the pool area, quite amazing.
There is no entertainment on in the evening, but watching the hippos come out to graze is in itself entertaining enough, sitting in the lounge is very comfortable chairs having a drink watching hippos, now how good is that. security will escort you to your room at night, the hippos, especially with babies are very dangerous.
On our last night before setting off to the Maasai Marra, we met Ludi the manageress, a lovely woman, we sat in the bar, had a drink and chat, a very warm person who we could have chatted to all night but an early start for us in the morning.
I would not hesitate to return to this lodge, it was so relaxing and nothing was ever a problem.
A special thanks to Robert our room boy, we came in from a walk one day, our shoes were rather dirty, we took them off, put them in the bathroom to clean later, when we returned to our room after dinner he had cleaned them for us, that is the kind of service this lodge gives you.
I read trip advisor before I came here and yes there were a few negitives, but you can't please all the people all the time, but I can honestly say everything was just perfect.

Room Tip: Upper room between 1 and 20, great view and not far to walk to dinning room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple