See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 13, 2016

As an owner of a travel business and a lover of top notch service, I would have to say this hotel is a 10 out of 10. From the manager Richard Kismayo to Mr. John Oloo in security EVERYONE took great care to make the teams stay easy and comfortable. What it lack in bells and whistles it makes up for in customer service. I would be remiss not to mention the food was great.

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank Yola B
Reviewed August 5, 2014

- Spacious rooms
-Very clean
- Friendly staff
- Delicious food with great variety
- Rooms are fixed with A/C cooler systems
-Need to develop a better meeting/briefing/conference room within the compound
-Good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Victor F
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in July 2013. The rooms are quite big and clean. Bathroom was a bit old, but still in a acceptable condition. Fresh linen and towels were provided. Restaurant and breakfast was ok. Convenient option if you don't want to head to town to eat something. The hotel was somehow quiet (as quiet as possible as it can get in a busy African town) and WiFi worked perfectly. I would stay there again. Hotel is very close to the bus station and a big supermarket. Maybe 10-15 min walk to the town center.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I had a crew of four people to put up for a couple nights so I didn't want to spend a fortune. After the favourable reviews here I decided on DewChurch. The rooms look good at first glance and are welcoming, though a bit dark. They're very clean and the hotel is a central location in town. The walls of the hotel do a pretty good job of keeping out surrounding traffic noise. Two out of four of the rooms had either a leaky or a clogged toilet, which the staff seemed to shirk off and laugh about once we brought the issues to attention. In fact, the biggest issues seemed to be service here. The staff was overall friendly, but seemed not to have been trained in their jobs at all. I had to help the staff with Microsoft Word and computer functions to get an invoice. I had twice had to train the staff on how to make a credit card point of sale, this is after they told me their credit card machine was not working. It was; they just didn't know how to use it and were embarrassed. Most menu items in the restaurant are not available. After you order the waiter comes back after 10 minutes and asks you to choose something else, which likely is not available either. The biggest problem was that I had booked basic four singles, which were available. At checkin, I was given an "Executive" room and didn't realize it until checkout, when my room was more expensive that my colleagues. Even after staff called the manager they would not agree to discount my room even though I had not asked for a more expensive one. My company will likely take issue to one of the rooms being a premium-priced option. Anyway, these problems can be easily fixed with training. This could be a nice place, but next time I'll go elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jake L
Reviewed December 23, 2013

The hotel location is very convenient. Rooms are clean and size is adequate. The staff were excellent. Everything in the room is place right and works right. Food was great and the selection was wide contrary to expectations. Compared to most hotels in Kisumu this one offers great value for money.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business