“Haven or should that be Heaven.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kikambala
Salama-Beach-Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kikambala
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were staying at the RR just up the beach, and left within the first 24 hours, having spent 4 days on Safari experiencing the excellent hospitality that Kenya is so good at. We thankfully discovered the Salama Beach Resort on a Mornings walk to decide just what to do. We are a family of Brother and Wife, Sister and Husband, we were very disappointed at the state of our first hotel.

We walked into the Salama Beach and asked if we could have breakfast, were approached by Joel, as it isn't normal to have 'walk in clients for breakfast' we explained our 'problem' and asked him for a room rate, and if we could veiw their rooms. I have to say, that he was more than helpful, showed us a 2 bedroom and also a 1 bedroom, and was prepared if they had available to offer 2 x 1 bedrooms for the same price as the 2 bedroom. Unfortunately that was not possible, but we took the 2 bedroom, that was stylishly furnished, spotlessly clean, complete with a working fridge and safe in the room. We also took on the full board option, which was excellent value for money, breakfast, choices of fruit juice, fresh fruit, cerals, yoghurt, eggs in any shape or form, bacon, sausages toast, Tea Coffe, and any other requirements I am sure they would have been willing to cater for. Lunch generally 3 courses, salad, hot main, and pud, Tea served by the pool at 4pm along with homemade cake, Evening meal 5 courses, Salad, Soup, Entree, Main and Pud all the food was excellent, apart from the African meal 1 night but that was a taste thing rather than anything being wrong with it.

Pool and gardens kept beautifully and clean, beach, swept, no resident beach boys, but once on the beach you became fair game, but not really intrusive, and we went with on a walk to the reef with them and their knowledge was fab, we would not have spotted or known what we looking at without them, can recommend Marco Polo and Man Friday!

Christian and Monika made sure that we were well looked after as did Stanley and the rest of the staff, all excellent, rooms cleaned daily, sprayed in the evening, nets put down and doors and windows closed to prevent mozzies!

My sister law and I both had a massage, and can well recommend it, lovely lass, and excellent. I also had a Manicure and Pedicure and probably one of the best, including Leg and Arm massage.

We only had 1 issue in that the weather had not been that good and the solar heating for the water was not effective, cold showers were the option, but understand that Christian is investigating an other option. But we felt that being the only snag it really didn't spoil our holiday.

We were there when Nairobi Airport was on Fire, and Christian was good enough to allow us to use his internet FOC to check and confirm our return flights which was a life saver.

Would recommend without hesitation, and if we return to Kenya again, we will be contacting Christian to book our relaxation part of the holiday there.

Sorry I haven't any photos at the moment, but it is every bit as lovely as ones already showing.

Room Tip: No room overlooks another, all look out over the pool and gardens and then over the sea. I would say...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We are a group of 2 teachers and 5 A Level students who volunteered at an orphanage . We went there for the day to celebrate Joe's 18th birthday. Slama beach resort was recommended to us and we are so glad we went there. We were treated like Kings. The service round the pool is first class and we tried the delicious coconut milkshakes. We spent most of the day chilling by the pool and swimming in the ocean, which comes right to the resort at high tide. We had a 5 course meal which was just devine. They had decorated the table with beautiful flowers and made the day very special. We were the only ones at the resort and had the place to ourselves. What a beautiful, peaceful place! We will no doubt come again next time we visit the Good Life Orphanage and will tell our firends to go.
Thank you so much for the kind staff for a brilliant day. Asante Sana

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I don't know where to begin to tell you about Salama Beach Resort, I went there with my family in August this year.

We were received well and with a Smile. We were taken to our rooms with an amazing guy who was helpful and gave us a tour of the cottage we were to stay at.

The Food...OMG the Food was just Incredible; the use of local ingredients to get best European style dishes and Swahili Dishes made my family run to the dining area before time. And I have a Six year old and Four Year Old. They ate EVERYTHING! I personally loved their soups and Desserts

The Pool is to Die for my kids never left the pool and the 4 O'clock tea was a wonder as we had a piece of heaven (cake) Every time.

The rooms gave a relaxed feel spacious and the German family made sure that they made an impression while you were there. The best part anyone could help you even though it is not their section it did not matter.

I am never staying anywhere else when am in North Coast. I felt like a left a family behind and I cant wait to go back,

I feel bad that were not able to adopt the puppies that Ms Bezner had my kids loved them. She is a dog lover also a plus.

Finally, the Beach was not crowded with Beach Boys or people trying to sell you stuff. it was calm and relaxed.

In a nutshell cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: Everything is good, there are some rooms near the beach side, check out hotel photos but honestly it...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Kezgeo
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I can only echo what's been said by previous reviewers, this place is a treasure. This is just a quick recommendation from me, my wife has promised to write a more comprehensive review when we've settled back into our normal life.
The resort itself is down a somewhat beaten track but that only serves to contrast what a lovely place Salama is, it's run by a German couple who have managed to find and train some of the nicest staff I've ever met, not just the waiting staff but everyone from the chefs to the servers to the groundsmen were friendly polite charming and hard working.
The beach itsel was a little odd in that the tidal difference from low to high tides was around a kilometre and from where we were there was vert little sea life to sea, in fact the only thing I saw whilst snorkelling was a sea snake which rested on my foot whilst I was taking a break, disconcerting to say the least. Whilst the lack of snorkelling was a shame salama more than made up for it in beauty, friendliness and comfort.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2012

You won't simply happen upon the Salama Beach Resort. It is north of Mombasa and down a winding dirt road, but once you find it, you will be glad you did. I have traveled a bit in Africa and have never been to a hotel as clean and charming as Salama. The German family who owns and operates Salama are as lovely as the place they have created. If you want to relax and enjoy the beach while enjoying excellent food and lovely surroundings this is your place.

The cottages are built in a V design so that they all have an ocean view, with lovely porches. The whole place is beautifully designed and decorated. My only complaint was that half the windows in our cottage had no screens, so we could not leave the windows open and enjoy the ocean breezes and sounds at night, but perhaps some of the cottages have more screens.

I wish we had been able to stay longer than the two days we had in that area, and we will no doubt return when we can stay longer.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We were more than pleasantly surprised when we went to Maridadi restaurant at Salama Beach Resort. Salama's van picked us up from the Royal Reserve Safari close by where we were staying and getting very discouraged and frustrated everyday wanting to check out of there.

You don't fly for 22 hrs. in the air, four planes, to go to a vacation destination where the food is so-so and accommodation in dire need of renovations! So, when we were referred to Maridadi. we jumped on it. We started with fried calamaris and the rings were huge and very tender. The grilled octopus was excellent too. We were so ecstatic after tasting their fresh seafood caught everyday. My husband and son split a 3 lb. lobster, grilled. I had a whole grilled snapper, crispy on the outside as requested, and was in heaven. We ate here three straight nights and spent our last two days of our vacation here. Forget Royal Reserve! This place was a heaven sent gift being pampered before our flight home. The cuisine is absolutely out of this world. Whatever we ordered, we were overwhelmed with its taste and freshness. I will post a pic of the Tapas seafood appetizer for two.

It's a paradise oasis....very relaxing with the palm trees swaying in the wind, and the inviting infinity pool. We mostly hung out at the poolside. The hotel is very, very clean.... saw a man doing the lawn and kindly asked him if I can have a coconut to drink and eat and few minutes later, presented me with a coconut with a straw and a magnolia flower attached. After drinking the coconut water, I scooped the inside meat with a spoon. I was floating on a cloud. Never wanting this moment to end.

The service is impeccable and perfect! No complaint, except for NO INTERNET SERVICE! That was our only qualm but we didn't mind being calm, cool and collected surrounded by the awesome view and atmosphere.

Claudia, the German owner, goes out of her way to make sure you are comfortable. She greeted us when we arrived and made sure to give her farewell when we left....making sure we were happy and content with our stay there. What a special owner!!! Now, how many places do you know who does that?? This place is under 5 years old and needs words to get around and spread. So, I would like to share our experiences and please do go visit Salama. It is an ideal place, with excellent cuisines and extraordinary service.

This was one of the best places we've stayed in a long while! Thank you Claudia for your extra niceties and hospitality. We will return one day!

Room Tip: Everyone of the rooms are decorated with taste and architecturally designed well. The decor is deta...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Rits2211
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Not long ago I visited Kenya for the first time. I picked a Hotel which was away from most of the other touristquarters in Mombasa, and wow, did I do the right thing. Arrival in Mombasa is somewhat of a cultural shock for any tourist so being away from the regular beats sure made a difference. The Resort is not big and situated slightly isolated directly on the beach. I have stayed at many hotels during my 40 years of traveling the Globe, this is an oasis in the middle of chaos. The bungalows and the grounds are immaculate cared for, the staff is extremely friendly and obliging. The swimming pool is probably the cleanest pool I have ever seen. The food at the Maridadi restaurant is of a quality which would make the best restaurants jealous. Unfortunately we only stayed for 7 days and if we had, had more time we would have extended our stay. Rarely have we relaxed more than at this Resort.
We would recommend it at anytime to anyone who is looking for relaxation at its best.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tom D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kikambala
Jumuia Conference & Beach Resort, Kanamai
#4 of 26 in Watamu
Lantana Galu Beach
Lantana Galu Beach
#2 of 5 in Galu Beach

Been to Salama-Beach-Resort? Share your experiences!