“Favorite Place in Kumasi” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vic Baboo's Cafe

Vic Baboo's Cafe
Ranked #20 of 29 Restaurants in Kumasi
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Vic baboos cafe, the home of good taste was established over 20 years and has grown in popularity with expats, tourist and the local crowd. We are a cozy cafe located in the center of town in Kumasi and we focus on providing the highest quality meals at affordable prices. We Serve Indian, Chinese, Continental, Fast food and Ghanaian cuisines and a wide variety of smoothies, milkshakes, lassi's, cocktails and mocktails.
“Favorite Place in Kumasi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I went here multiple times during my 5 weeks in Kumasi. It's by far my favorite restaurant there. I got my much needed Indian fix. There Chicken Tika Masala is great. I would definelty stop here especially if you've just seen the market. The restaurante is at a cool temperature, perfect for those hot Ghana days.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Ellabella207

Salt Lake City, Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best restaurants in Kumasi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

One of my favorite restaurants in Kumasi, with a wide variety of options on the menu. Very good Indian food, and the pizza is also quite tasty. My only reservation is that the beef in the curry I ordered once was very tough and almost inedible. I did eat at Vic Baboo's a handful of times, however, and everything else was high-quality. I would agree with previous reviewers that this is an obruni restaurant - the entire clientele was foreigners/tourists. Vic Baboo's is centrally located, and I certainly recommend stopping here if you find yourself in Kumasi.

• Visited March 2013
Albany, Oregon
“Good Food Downtown Kumasi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

This review is going to be a little different. I do recommend this place, even though one of my colleagues on this very same trip witnessed a fierce rat fight that started on the balcony of this restaurant and ended with one of the rats falling from above onto the floor right next to his table. True story! But honestly, what restaurant in Kumasi, or New York City for that matter, hasn't had the occasional rat. Even after hearing this story (after which we called the place “Rat Baboo's") I ate there twice during the day and had great meals both times. The food was well prepared... I had pizza one time, chicken and chips the next time. Both times I ordered one of their blended fruit drinks-- I recommend the "Big Pants." All food was good and at a good price. The rest rooms were scarey, but the food was fine. When I return to Kumasi I imagine I'll end up at Vic's again.

• Visited April 2013
England
“International fare, top-notch Indian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Vic Baboo's is very firmly in the 'obruni' camp - offering a bewildering menu of a range of cuisines targeted very firmly at backpackers and expats in the city, including Indian, Thai and Chinese food.

We got off on a bit of a wobbly start - the cocktails we received were "something like" what we had ordered, and the waitress did not seem to understand the concept of Thali, insisting that I would only receive one side with my curry.

However all of these misgivings ebbed away when the food was served - my curry, a Chicken Jalfrezi with rice and garlic paratha was utterly amazing. We've grown used to food in restaurants in Ghana often being "something like" its description - but this stuff was the real deal. Could not recommend the food highly enough.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Mark241
Ås, Akershus, Norway
“Perfect dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

I had to wait a little bit before the food was ready, but it was really worth the wait :-) For tourists, it might be a bit silly to eat Indian food whilst in Ghana, but the tali are delicious!!! Vic and staff, thank you for the wonderful service!

Visited December 2012