“Best weekend this year”
Review of The Green Ranch

The Green Ranch
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Kumasi
More attraction details
Owner description: The Green Ranch offers horse-back rides to all levels of riders by appointment. Rides start from one hour. The most adventurous riders can arrange to ride the 10-hour Big Loop around the whole Bosomtwe Lake!The Green Ranch also provides accommodations in two self-contained bedrooms unique for their outstanding view over the lake and mountains. Breakfast is included with the room. Lunch and dinner are also available.The Green Ranch caters to a vegetarian palette with fresh fruit and produce, both locally and home-grown, and a variety of delicious grains, as well as freshly homemade juices, ice cold beers and South African wine.Come and experience the delights of the Green Ranch, enjoy a cool after-ride drink on the veranda with its stunning view of the lake and peaceful animals while Elodie prepares an incomparable 3-course-meal.
Reviewed April 25, 2013

In the beginning of March me and my wife took our car from Accra to Lake Bosomtwe south of Kumasi. We had booked two night and horseback riding for both days. We were a bit nervous because we had never been horseback riding before. As it turned out it was our best weekend i Ghana since we came here a year ago.
The ranch owner was a very good instructor and after 15 minutes of instructions we were riding for the first time. The ranch lies very beautifully with a nice view of the lake. You can swim in the lake but there is no accessible beach exactly at Green ranch, you have to walk a bit. The room we had was very nicely designed and clean (there are two rooms available).
All food served at Green ranch is vegetarian. Although we normally eat meat, the food we had for these two days was just excellent. Next time we visit Green Ranch we will do the round the lake tour on horse back. It will take about 9-10 hours.

3  Thank magnus g
"two hours"
"food was amazing"
"my friend"
in 5 reviews
"beautiful view of the lake"
"bed dorm"
in 56 reviews
"rooms"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed April 16, 2013

If you like nature, if you like feeling free, if you like good food, if you are open to receive love, if you are interested in inspiring conversations - if only one of these - you should visit the Green Ranch and you will be satisfied!
After living for six month in Ghana my weekend at the Lake was the best I could do, before starting with new energy to the next six month of my voluntary service. A ride on horseback around the Lake became for sure one of my best expieriences during my time in this country.
Here are people living and working at the same time , who love what they are doing. I Hope that will make the Green Ranch grow (but not too much, otherwise it will maybe lose some of the special atmosphere) and I hope that a lot of people can enjoy something of it!!
Have you ever expierienced a whole day in Ghana without seeing only one drinving car?
I did
Thank you!

3  Thank 4HannahBee4
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I visited The Green Ranch with 2 other friends while we traveled through Kumasi. It's a bit removed from the actual city so if you're looking for a city experience this probably isn't for you. It's a fantastic place, though, if you're looking to relax and have some very delicious food. We loved Elodie and Kojo, their little baby, and their horses are very well trained. We would absolutely go back anytime!

2  Thank Taylorreiser
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Loved seeing this endeavour bloom. Beautiful property, horses well cared for and excellent scenery. What a great place to retreat from the hectic life of Kumasi and bustling cities and markets. I can't wait for my next trip. Will be visiting again this year and you are my first destination!

2  Thank Megan O