“An amazing horseback experience - Ghana like you have never seen it before!”
Review of The Green Ranch

The Green Ranch
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Kumasi
More attraction details
Owner description: The Green Ranch offers horse-back rides to all levels of riders by appointment. Rides start from one hour. The most adventurous riders can arrange to ride the 10-hour Big Loop around the whole Bosomtwe Lake!The Green Ranch also provides accommodations in two self-contained bedrooms unique for their outstanding view over the lake and mountains. Breakfast is included with the room. Lunch and dinner are also available.The Green Ranch caters to a vegetarian palette with fresh fruit and produce, both locally and home-grown, and a variety of delicious grains, as well as freshly homemade juices, ice cold beers and South African wine.Come and experience the delights of the Green Ranch, enjoy a cool after-ride drink on the veranda with its stunning view of the lake and peaceful animals while Elodie prepares an incomparable 3-course-meal.
Kara, Togo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“An amazing horseback experience - Ghana like you have never seen it before!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I highly recommend the Green Ranch for anyone who is looking for a wonderful and relaxing horseback experience. My friend and I left our small children with our husbands for the morning while we embarked on a 3 hour ride that took us part way around the lake. Even though we were beginners, Elodie made us feel confident with her excellent instructions, and her love of her beautiful horses was infectious! The ride took us through small fishing villages, past schools with excited children madly waving at us, through plantain orchards, down to the waters edge and even into the water, which the horses absolutely loved! Elodie's knowledge of the area, the vegetation, the people and Ghana itself provides for informative and interesting conversation as you ride. The only downside for us was that we had to be back in Accra that same day and couldn't stay for a meal, however, before we rode, we were offered some lovely homemade cold mint tea which was so refreshing on a hot day! All in all, my friend and I had an amazing experience which we would highly recommend to anyone, thank you Elodie and the Green Ranch for allowing us to experience Ghana from horseback!

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Andrew Julia S

Accra
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Fabulous Place”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Excellent service, well mannered horses and a truly fantastic owner. She is so patient and understanding and the ride was very good.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank fmcfarter
Bern, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Enjoy an unforgettable rest at Elodie's Green Ranch, Lake Bosomtwe”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

If you ever have a chance to visit Elodie’s Green Ranch at Lake Bosomtwe, do not hesitate! I spent wonderful days here. One of the most unforgettable memories is a delicious vegetarian dinner (table végétable) Elodie prepared during full moon. From the terrace of the Green Ranch you have an amazing view over the lake. Attracted by the curiosity to go on horseback for the first time in my life, Elodie’s horses allowed for a great experience. The rides along the lake were very peaceful and adventurous. I’m already looking forward to my next trip to Ghana – and I’ll make sure to visit the Green Ranch again!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Mimtje
Alençon, Basse-Normandie, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Green Ranch Rocks !”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We were living in Ghana for a year in Kumasi and of course we heard of the Green Ranch ! Elodie and Kodzo are so welcoming Going to their comfy cottage is ideal for a peaceful and relaxing time : choose between horse ridding and kayaking and then enjoy a healthy meal at the family table.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Marie L
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“fun horseback riding, comfortable accommodation and great food!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The Green Ranch offers so much it would be a mistake to visit Lake Bosumtwi and not go! I initially went for horseback riding, which by the way was an excellent way to see the lake. After horseback riding I decided to stay for lunch which was so delicious. I hadn't had really missed home cooked delicious healthy food and the drinks are also fantastic (the cinnamon tea is something I tired to duplicate when I returned home!). I stayed the night and had another delicious meal and a nice glass of wine. I slept very well in the comfortable bed and enjoyed a fresh breakfast (and great coffee!) with a stunning view. The prices are more than reasonable and it was definitely a highlight of my trip to Ghana!

Visited August 2012