“Nice hotel, poor service”
Review of Miklin Hotel

Miklin Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kumasi
Miklin Hotel
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Kumasi
Loerrach
“Nice hotel, poor service”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a tour, as part of a group of 8 people. The rooms were nicely and clean, with good beds and aircon. We even had a coffee/tea making tray and a adapter plug in our room! The shower was great with excellent water pressure. WiFi internet worked well on 2 of 3 nights and had reasonable speed. The pool was nice but became rather crowded as it was a public holiday. This hotel could be really nice if only the service was a little better: it was difficult to attract attention to place an order and it took even longer to get your food. Getting your check was another long wait and one evening we never got our change. Breakfast, however, was the ultimate challenge: on 2 or the 3 mornings, they had a buffet and all was fine. But the last morning, it was a la carte and we literally had to order every tea bag and every piece of toast individually. When I asked for a second piece of butter, the waiter wanted to charge me for it...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Binessa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was okay but from the time I checked in to the time I left, the service was very poor. I had no wifi in my room, although the router on my hall was next to my window. . When I notified the person at the front desk that the wifi wasn't working, he was very nonchalant and ignored me like I wasn't standing at the desk in front of him waiting on a response. There were blackouts every night, although from the reviews I had prepared me for this. Every morning I went to breakfast, the staff ran off and never checked to see if I needed anything other than my meal. Overall, this hotel was subpar.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank MWoodz
New York
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I stayed here in June 2011. The hotel is pretty standard by western standards although it lacks character. The rooms and bathrooms are clean and comfortable. The wifi signal is spotty but there are computers with internet access in the lobby. Breakfast is nothing to write home about but it does the job of getting you fed. The hotel has an outdoor pool although I didn't use it. Rooms have TV that gets BBC. The water in the shower wasn't super hot but the fact that it was pretty warm seemed like it was probably better than most places in Ghana.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
7 Thank HWen210
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Rooms are nice,
Resturants are weak,
People are friendly but not proffissional

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Minayounan
Colchester
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Whilst we were there the rooms were being modernised (actually whilst we were in them, which was weird). But they will be very nice once they are finished which was taking 3 weeks and they were on schedule. Flat screen TVs, new curtains and fixtures.
Bad points were: the hotel is open to the public and the small pool got very crowded at the weekend; water kept cutting out; when water was on, some rooms showers did not work; no air conditioning in the lobby area.
Good points: The Staff are excellent, friendly and efficient. Big thanks to Marlone who did all my ironing for me to a good standard; WiFi internet in the lobby area (poor reception in rooms) computers with interent in the lobby; cracking good air con in the rooms.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank polarbearonthinice
Colchester, Essex
Reviewed March 20, 2010

The Miklin is situated on the outskirts of Kumasi in the residential area away from the noise and bustle downtown. The rooms vary - try to get one overlooking the small but pleasant pool rather than one looking out on a blank wall. Beds are comfortable and the food perfectly acceptable although a bit limited for European tastes. Service is pretty good in the pleasant dining room.
The big plus of course is the staff. They are all delightful - friendly and very helpful. The big minus of course is the plumbing - the reviewer who summed up using the shower as a continual adventure was so right! But this is more than ofset by a nice gym, comfortable beds, excellent air-conditioning and a wonderful laundery service run by the charming and efficient Marlon - clothes cleaned and pressed very cheaply and back the same day. Just don't tell him you support the Kumasi football team - he's a Ga from Accra!
The hotel seems to be signed up to the philosophy of continual improvement - while we were there we had a new television, new curtains and a new door! What they shouldn't change is that wonderful Ghanaian hospitality: much more important than plasma TV!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank ChiefWeasel
New York, NY
Reviewed February 3, 2010

We stayed here upon arrival in Accra, and on the last night before flying home, bracketing a Habitat for Humanity trip further inland. Our group of 12 found the rooms generally clean and comfortable, if absurdly expensive for what they offer; the bar quite pleasant; but the water heaters quite unpredictable, especially in rooms on the second floor--and there seems no way to prevent shower spray from covering the far wall and floor. Furniture was sometimes alarmingly rickety, but the A/C and cable were a delightful contrast to the village in which we worked (where there was no electricity or running water). When we tried to order from the menu, it was made clear there was nothing but chicken (not even fish!), and in just a few preparations. (Breakfast had its own odd limits as well, even compared to the bush.)

• Stayed January 2010
2 Thank kbsNewYork_NY

Travelers are raving about these Kumasi hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kumasi
Noda Hotel
True Vine Hotel
True Vine Hotel
#13 of 19 in Kumasi
Coconut Grove Beach Resort

Been to Miklin Hotel? Share your experiences!