“Convenient”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Jonesboro
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Convenient”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

We just stayed the night to check out the university. The room was clean and the staff was very accommodating . We needed late check out and was very helpful. Good location to restaurants and the mall. The pool did not look enviting. It is out doors and it was 106 that night. Over all for a one night stay it was sufficient.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

First of all I should state that I am a DIAMOND MEMBER. I spend 4 nights of every week in a HIlton brand hotel in various cities across the U.S.

This hotel is located close to the Physicians offices that I am working at, restaurants, and the mall.

The cleanliness of a room hotel is very important to me, well to anyone who is away from the comforts of home - I stayed in the King room with a a loveseat that was super old, sorta scared to sit on it. I was welcomed by 2 mosquitos, which promptly welcomed me with 3 bites!! Then I noticed a lovely toothpick on the floor on Sunday night, which wasn't mine, and I am writing this on Wednesday and guess what, its still there... smh. In the bathroom there was a shower cap on the floor behind the door, again wasn't mine, been there since Sunday, still there. I doubt they clean the rooms in all honesty.

No drink machine on the 3rd floor - terrible business center - in terrible need of a remodel - needs more parking

Can't wait to check out tomorrow!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MissTravelinGal
, Manager at Hampton Inn Jonesboro, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to inform us of the experience you had at our Hampton Inn in Jonesboro, AR.

At Hampton Inn Jonesboro, AR, we strive not only to provide a comfortable stay with great guest service, but we also make every effort to create a safe, clean, and friendly experience. It is obvious from your comments that you believe we have failed to meet those expectations.

I assure you that every effort is being made to address this situation. I have contacted the appropriate departments regarding your experience at this particular hotel.

I appreciate the time you have taken to express your concerns. It gives us the chance to learn where we need improvement. It also allows us to resolve any problems that may arise from time to time. Guests like you, who make us aware of these problems, are our most valued guests and we would hate to lose you.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call (870) 974-9500.

Doris Hannah, GM
Hampton Inn, Jonesboro, AR
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

I stay at Hampton during most of my business trips and this one was a little below par for this chain. Walls were pretty thin so i could hear my neighbors tv pretty well. Carpet in my room looked souled and it just felt humid. The staff was very friendly. It's just not a $100/night hotel even if it is a Hampton

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank rcoolman1024
Doris H, Manager at Hampton Inn Jonesboro, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at Hampton Inn Jonesboro. We appreciate your feedback, we are sorry for the condition of your guest suite in a few months we will begin renovations. We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about if your travels bring you back to the area.

Doris Hannah, GM
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

Traveled from memphis to pocahantos arkansas! This is one of the last decent exits for food and rooms heading that way! Average hotel with friendly service! Older facility with manual door and loud outdated ac/heat! There are plenty of choices in area for food and staying!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank auditing4you
NE Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

In town for 1 night to attend a concert @ ASU. Check in /check out was easy and quick. Both clerks were very nice and helpful. My room was on the 2nd floor, with 2 double beds. The room size was adequate, with a work area/desk and also a chair with ottoman. Bathroom was typical bathroom, very clean, with hot water and excellent water pressure! Bed was comfortable, linens and comforter crisp and clean. Large breakfast area with typical continental breakfast fare. My only complaint about the room was the very dated furniture and wall decor. TV was a large flat screen, room looked freshly painted. They just didn't upgrade the furniture. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

I do hold Hampton's to a high standard since they, as a general rule, provide a predictably good service and accomodations.

The grounds were well maintained and the common areas clean and well kept. Bed was comfortable, Internet was fine and linens were plentiful. I was surprised that there was no microwave in the breakfast area as I generally get food from the grocery store and have never had a problem using the common microwave if the rooms aren't equipped. However, they were kind enough to let me use the one in their private kitchen area.

The main issue with my stay was a leaky air conditioner. My first night I stepped in onto a sopping wet area of carpet in my socks. The carpet was drenched in about a 2 foot radius around the unit. The next day maintenance left me a note saying they had cleaned the carpet and fixed the unit. They had the unit turned off (remember it's 90+ degrees outside in July) and a giant fan in the room to dry the carpet. They had also sprinkled some overpowering carpet deodorizer. Shortly after turning the unit back on, I could hear and see water dripping onto the floor again. I understand things break, but they never even offered to move me to another room.

Without the air conditioner issue, I probably would have given 3 stars (average) simply because of lack of amenities and the fact that the fitness room was out of towels. I will give them another chance on my next trip as I'm sure not every air conditioner is faulty.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Remote Traveler
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

Very pleasant girl working both front desk and housekeeping. There should have been more staff. No towels at pool so people were coming into hotel wet and leaving water everywhere including elevators. I slipped on it, and advised others to watch out when walking on the tile floor. One staff person cannot be expected to answer phones,check in customers, provide cots-towels-pillows, and give excellent customer service. I suggest more staff, and the staff that is there should be given raises. Your internet service is a joke. You need high speed connection.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family