“Great room minor flaws”
Review of Super 8 Jonesboro

Super 8 Jonesboro
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Jonesboro
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This room was clean, comfortable, and inexpensive there are only a few things to say. My only complaints were that the coffee maker turned it self on in the middle of the night, and they needed a yellow light bulb in the side door light to help deter some of the bugs.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I was passing through from St. Louis to Little Rock, and needed a stop for one night. This hotel was exactly what I needed. Great price, spotlessly clean, and in a convenient location. I checked in late at night, tired and hungry. Check-in was quick, the room was in perfect condition, clean and in working order. The bathroom was immaculate. There was a 24/7 IHOP across the street for a late-night meal, and the entire neighborhood was clean and extremely well-lit, so I had no concerns about walking around. There was even a Sams Club gas station across the street, so I could refuel in the morning at a good price. Included breakfast was adequate: Bread/muffins, two types of cereal, some yogurt, a wafflemaker, juice, and some fresh fruit. The television in the room worked great, and there was a power strip at the electrical socket, so I had no trouble plugging in my electronic stuff for recharging. Air conditioning was good and quiet. The only thing I could find to not like about the room was that the shower head was a little low (I'm tall, and the water hit me at about chin level), but water temperature and pressure were excellent, and I had no trouble stooping a bit for a one night stay. Really, I wish all my quick-stop hotels were this great!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank GamerGirl-STL
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel along with my mother and brother. We paid $48/night and stayed for three nights. The hotel staff were always very ready to assist us with anything we had need of, and were very accommodating. The complimentary breakfast was average as could be expected, but what I appreciated the most was the fact that the rooms were extremely clean. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and will most likely stay here again on our next trip to Jonesboro, Arkansas

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We tried to get a pet-friendly room at several of the local hotels to no avail. I was somewhat concerned due to some of the past reviews. When we arrived and checked out our room, we were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and a nice size. It came with a flat-screened tv, coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator, and hair dryer. They did not have an iron in the room. Towels were white (no stains) and clean. We were pleased that they only charged a $10 pet fee. Wifi worked great. The bed linens were decent, and the bed slept firm. The cons were there were no available outlets in the room except in the bathroom. I find this rather irritating especially when you have to charge your cellphone in another room and there is no where to plug in your other devices. The other minor issue is when you first step in the hallway of the hotel, there is an overwhelming smell from carpet deoderizers. It took me a while to adjust to the strong smell emanating from the hallway. The walls are somewhat thin and you can easily hear people in the hall opening and closing their doors. Overall it was a nice stay and we were able to get a good night's rest.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Joyflnoise
Reviewed May 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights. I would have went somewhere else right away but Id already paid ahead of time. We had loud guest on top of us. We made several calls to the front desk (woke the poor guy up) all he said was " well they are just kids". The place was nasty, the service was bad. I finally got a hold to the"manager" today and she had the nerve to tell me " well you guys had complaints on you for fighting in your room". WRONG!!!!!! She also said we had other people staying in our room. Oh yeah we just invited people off the street to come hang out. Sherry maybe Freds next door is hiring because you are not a good manager.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank chetney
Reviewed March 1, 2011

We stayed here for 1 night and then switched hotels because it was such a bad experience. First we got a room on the first floor where the window did not lock. We were moved to another room. Air conditioning unit was loud, bed was very uncomfortable and we found a bug in it. Very loud door slamming in the early morning by another guest. Slamming went on for about 1 hour, non stop. We couldn't get out of there fast enough!! Definitely would not recommend this hotel to anyone! If you want a quality hotel for about the same price, stay at the Baymont Inn. That is the hotel we switched to for our 2nd night and it was 100% better!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank chilly927
Reviewed March 10, 2010

very clean and comfortable and good price . great service great breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business