“Disastrous Check-in experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Jonesboro
Benton, Arkansas
“Disastrous Check-in experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I called ahead & made a reservation, gave my credit card, address & cell phone number when asked for all that info. I arrive to the hotel and the gentleman that I made the reservation with was there behind the counter. He could not find my reservation that he had made for me, so after 15 minutes, he & 2 other ladies there said that he would just make me a new one and give me a room. About 30 minutes later, while he was fumbling around trying to answer the ringing phones, he just kept getting frustrated with all the "noise" as he put it. He kept saying "God! I'm just so freaking busy back here!" "God, the phone WON'T stop ringing!" "Man, I just can't get this to work!" We were there almost an hour before he gave us 2 keys. We drive to the back of the hotel to our room, keys don't work. Drive back to office, get new keys, drive back to room, keys don't work. We did this with FOUR different sets of keys. Then asked for the Manager who briefly apologized, but after an hour of trying to get checked in, we just got refunded and left. That guy needs fired & the Manager should have offered something to make us stay and want us as return customers. We've stayed here many times in the past, but will never again. We walked next door and checked into the Holiday Inn Express which was $10 more, but was checked in with friendly service within 5 minutes.

Room Tip: Ask to not be facing the interstate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kate S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Kate S,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Rochester, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this property on my recent trip to Jonesboro. Room 168. First thing I noticed is the room decor was dated. The bathroom was not very clean. There was what appeared to dark beard trimmings all over the sink and the floor. I noticed some mold in the tub surround. One of the hand towels hand a smudge on it. We there wasn't any bottles of water along with the coffee supplies. The second day we did get bottles of water. There is no exhaust fan in the bathroom either. The outer wall of this room is adjacent to the hallway leading to the pool, during my stay there was apparently a lot of children excited to use the pool.

Now for the high points, the nightly rate was reasonable. The parking lot had ample room for vehicles with trailers. The ground level floors had doors on the inside hallway and the exterior of the building. This hotel is pet friendly, for a charge of $15 I noticed. They offer breakfast and there is a restaurant in the hotel. Each bed had 4 pillows 2 firm and 2 soft. I felt that the location was in a good location. There are a number of other restaurants within walking distance of this property. There also appeared to be a number so shopping options nearby. I anticipate being in Jonesboro several more times this year, and more than likely stay here because the positives I feel out weigh the negatives.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 3duckdave
Van Buren AR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Facility was dated, coffee machine in room had to be replaced. Staff was courteous and helpful. Would stay again, but not make a special trip to stay here. We did not have time to properly evaluate the pool, and breakfast was provided elsewhere.

Room Tip: "Smoking rooms" were located on the outside of this rectangle building, non-smokers were c...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Cecil B
Irving, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We slept in the hotel during a longer road trip.

I liked the room, which was quite spacey. The TV, furniture and bed were quite new, well maintained. There was a coffee machine available.

What I didn't like was the bathroom. It was very small (it basically only fit the bathtub and the toilet next to it, with very little space left). The tub was poorly maintained, with some old stains and the coating in awful condition.

All in all, for an one night stay, I do think the hotel was decent value for the money, but I'd certainly not recommend it, mainly because of the bad impression I was left with due to the bathroom.

I received free Internet access, but can't remember now if it was due to Priority Club status or not.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank miwe_85
Jonesboro, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I was very disappointed with this hotel mold on bathroom ceiling and around bathtub. Kids eat free was deceiving, my kids didn't eat free because we booked as a group and didn't even get a good room rate. We paid $79/night, I looked the room up online the day I booked and it was listed at $78/night, I didn't say anything, it was only a dollar. Then I looked on Holiday Inn website the day we checked in and the room was going for $70, which I understand because they were wanted to get the rooms reserved. My problem is if they can reserve the rooms for $70 then $78 isn't so little that we didn't get the kids eat free, the buffet was nothing to brag about either. it wasn't much more than a continental breakfast and it was $8/person not including the drink. Other inconveniences, stained floors and small beds.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here make sure you pay bottom dollar and be prepared to eat elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank upset258
Gerald P, General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
I like to apologize for the rooms condition (floors being dirty and the mold). I do have my team on top of this to make sure this doesn't happen again. Regarding the difference on the rates, when a group rate is set up between the contact and the sales team a rate is established. These rates are set lower than what we are selling at the time of the contract negotiation. I thank you for your comments and we are always looking to grow.

Travelers are raving about these Jonesboro hotels

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I just spent four days at the Holiday Inn Jonesboro and I'm already looking forward to my return visit next month. I spent a lot of time researching the right hotel prior to my recent trip and decided on the Holiday Inn. My co-worker stayed at a hotel down the street that was a bit more expensive and ended up not being nearly as nice! My room was very clean and comfortable. The Front Desk staff and everyone I ran into during my stay were incredibly kind and hospitable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ken S
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to return visit.
Seminole, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I were just beginning a cross-country trip. We checked out and accidentally left in our room a back-pack with our camera equipment and two wraps of cash (a wrap of $1's and a wrap of $10's and $20's) for our 6 week trip ($2,100). THE BAG WAS CLEARLY MARKED with a leather luggage tag with all of our contact information. The bag was found the morning we checked out yet no one EVER bothered to contact us. By the time we realized we had left the bag we were hundreds of miles away. The hotel found the bag and told us that the camera equipment and the two stacks of money were in the bag. They told us that it was locked up in a safe room. We asked them to Fed Ex it to our daughter's home (where we were going) at our expense. They did and when we opened the bag, the camera equipment was there but all of the money was gone except for a stack of $1's equaling $100. $2000 was gone. The only people who had access to the bag were the housekeeper, the head of housekeeping and the general manager. We frantically tried for weeks beginning from day one to get someone to help us at the hotel. The manager was extremely evasive, not returning phone calls or messages. When we finally did get him on the phone after many, many attempts he said he would do an investigation and get back to us within 24 hours. He never called us back. There was an attitude at this hotel that they could absolutely care less. They now claim that they did an investigation but the person who did the investigation was the same general manager who was evasive and uncooperative and one of the three people who had access to the money (a suspect himself). Now they are hiding behind state law saying they are not responsible for anything left in the room. We just spoke to the human resources manager and requested that he give those three employees polygraph tests and we offered to take polygraphs ourselves. The human resources manager refuses to believe that any of his employees could possibly have stolen the money and will not give any polygraph tests to these three employees. So the management of this hotel DOES NOT CARE IF THEY EMPLOY THIEVES! W have tried for over 9 weeks to get the contact information for the owner of this franchise hotel and the staff and the human resources manager refuses to give it to us. We have called the corporate office and they told us that they would give the case to a senior investigator and get back to us in 21 days. It has been well over 21 days and no one from the corporate office has contacted us. If this is the HOSPITALITY business at this hotel and Holiday Inns in general, people who stay at these hotels had better BEWARE!!! This should be no one's definition of "hospitality"! If we could give this place a rating of less than TERRIBLE I would!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lucyrennell
Gerald P, Director of Sales at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Lecyrennell,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I apologize that your stay was not as pleasant and convenient as the standard we strive for at the Holiday Inn Jonesboro. We have many procedures in place to make sure our guest have a safe and relaxing stay.
Our team will use your review as a learning experience to better serve our guest in the future.

We look forward to showing you our many improvements on your next stay here in Jonesboro.

Lisa Watson
Director of Sales and Marketing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jonesboro
Comfort Suites Jonesboro
Candlewood Suites Jonesboro
Candlewood Suites Jonesboro
#6 of 19 in Jonesboro
Holiday Inn Express Paragould

Been to FairBridge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!