“Bad travel experience!”

Americas Best Value Inn Jonesboro
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Jonesboro
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I travel a lot for my work, but this place takes the cake for worst hotel I have ever stayed in. We made our reservation online. On arrival, the office personnel had to be told twice about our reservation. The room we recieved smelled of old sweaty socks, the bathroom door veneer was stapled and staples were sticking out, the bathroom was unclean (black and brown curly hairs in the tub), and the floor was filthy. Bed was lumpy, furniture was in disrepair, and there was missing furniture (i.e. no table or night stand). The rate should have been less than $1/night! I will never stay at another "America's Best" when I travel.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn Jonesboro

Reviewed May 30, 2012

WE rented a room from the mid-eastern manager/owner and went inside.The bed pillows had long hairs on them and the sheets appeared not to have been chenged.There were pubic hairs in the bed and bathtub.We requested another room.After this experience,we always carry extra sheets and pillow cases.This was a very unimpressive experience.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay if possible.There are many hotels nearby.We were stuck because we had no...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I I have stayed at this hotel multiple times on trips to Jonesboro, AR. The hotel itself is ok for the money they charge for rooms in that the rooms are fairly clean and decently furnished. For the most part there it just depends on what room you stay in as some are in better shape than the others. Best advice I can give there is just check the room out before bringing in your luggage and if you aren't happy with the room then you should go back to the front desk and request a different room. The hotel provides free internet access in the rooms and that does work very well as I had no problems accessing the web during my stay.

The drawbacks to this hotel are, if you are traveling with children in the summer,although this hotel does have a pool, it is not maintained. In fact, I have never seen the pool open for use one time when I have stayed at this facility.

The other drawback guest should consider would be for those who are current members of the "Value Club" program that America's Best Value Inn offers. This particular hotel does NOT honor the card if you try to use it to lower your rates when you book your room. When I called the 1-800 number on the back of the membership card I was told by a company rep that out of all the America Best Value Inns, (980 properties or so) 88% of them honor the discount program. The 2 locations in Jonesboro, AR are NOT among that 88% grouping.

Best thing to do there is to call the 1-800 number and inquire if the ABVI hotel you might be stopping at for the night honors the program so you will be able to make a informed decision ahead of time.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2011

This place is the worst place I have ever stayed in. The room had roaches and spiders and clipped toe nails on the floor. When we asked for a room change it was just as bad and the sheets were dirty then when we asked for new sheets they gave us sheets with blood stains on it. This place is horrrible and for the same price you can stay in days in which is actually clean and nice.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Jacebo92
Reviewed September 23, 2010

The price was low, and even lower with a military discount. The room was pretty clean. The tub didn't drain well at all and a couple times I had to turn off the water to let the tub drain, but that's more due to personal preference. However, the shower head was one of those big flat circle ones, and the pressure was AWEsome! The free soaps were ok; the liquid one had just enough soap for one use. I booked this room because of the reviews and was pleased that it matched up to those. I also booked it because on their site it said "hot breakfast." Hot breakfast meant toast. The breakfast selection was pretty lame, but then again for the price of the room I could afford to go to the Waffle House right up the street. The bed was hard, which for some might be a drawback, but I didn't mind.

All in all, it was clean, the staff was nice, and the price was FAB.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 2, 2010

The value was great, the room was clean, and the service was friendly, although there was a little bit of a language challenge with the young girl I spoke with. However, we were able to work through that and had a very restful nights sleep on our way to Branson for convention. The only other thing that was a challenge was finding them off the interstate. They are situated among other hotels, however their sign is very low to the ground and the other buildings block their sign until you're right upon it. I would recommend them investing in a larger sign placed higher above the hotel. The BEST part of the stay was the great shower we got, thanks to the showerhead they have in the tub. My husband & I both commented that it is one of the best we've had in a long time & we travel quite a bit! We would definitely stay here again & recommend others to give them a try too if you're traveling through Jonesboro, AR!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank beachbumvice
Reviewed March 2, 2010

I stayed at this hotel over the weekend of Feb 25th-28th and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the room considering the low price I was charged, which was just under $40 dollars per night. The only thing I encountered that might be a drawback to those who might be more picky than myself was the furniture was a little worn as far as the dresser and bedside tables were concerned. The bed itself, a kingsize, was very comfortable and I slept very well on it for my three night stay. The carpet in the room I was in had a burn mark near the vanity area where someone had dropped a hot iron on it but I considered that a non-issue since the room rate was very reasonable.
The room was also furnished with a 25 inch TV and remote with 70+ channels including HBO, AM/FM radio alarm clock and telephone on the bedside table, small fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board, coffee maker, and blowdryer. The bathroom was very adequate with a tub/shower stall combination and the water pressure was very good with plenty of hot water for showers.
One other feature I liked about the room was it had a seperate "business area" seperated by a wall that was furnished with both a easy chair <non reclining type> and a second chair <desk type> along with a small desk that had a second telephone, and space for your laptop to take care of any business you needed handling. The hotel has wireless internet service and not once did I have a problem signing on or with the signal being weak.
The hotel also provides a full continental breakfast from 6 AM-9AM that has dry cereal and milk, pastries, bread to make toast, coffee and juice included with the room rate but the one time I tried to take advantage of that on my last morning there they were already out of milk for the cereal and were also out of juice. But that could have been because I didn't get to the breakfast area before 8:45 that morning. Once again it was really a non-issue though as there are a multitude of restaurants all close by that serve breakfast such as a Waffle House just across the parking lot and an IHOP that is within a mile of driving.
The Hotel also has a pool but obviously it was closed due to the time of year so that was also no problem in my opinion.
The staff are of foreign descent and there was a small issue of understanding each other when I spoke to them but they were still friendly and cordial in their dealings with me.
I will return to this hotel as I plan on making them my regular place to stay on my future trips to Jonesboro, AR. Overall I would rate this hotel a 7.5 out of a 10.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo