“very good”
Review of 501 Steakhouse

501 Steakhouse
Ranked #6 of 204 Restaurants in Jonesboro
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: For over 20 years, 501 Steakhouse has provided fine dining in a relaxed and casual atmosphere. We specialize in top quality, hand cut, and award winning steaks, pasta and seafood. All of our appetizers, soups, sides, and sauces are house made using the freshest ingredients available. Our menu offers a variety of items to choose from including house favorites such as our Whiskey Filet, Hawaiian Ribeye, Cajun Ribeye, Farce Filet, and the generously portioned Cowboy Ribeye. Casual food items include our highly acclaimed Ahi Tuna, Bang Bang Shrimp, Steak Nachos, and a 10oz filet mignon burger. Our dress code ranges from very casual to cocktail and evening attire. We welcome everyone no matter what your occasion.
Pocahontas, Arkansas
“very good”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The service and meal was very good. The tuna was outstanding as well as the steak and prime rib. Would eat there again!

• Visited July 2013

“The Blue Cheese Filet is a MUST!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Omar's Steakhouse is without question one of the best, if not the best, restaurant in Jonesboro. Having eaten at numerous steakhouses including several in Kansas City, St. Louis and Chicago, the quality of the food at Omar's is as good if not better than other comparable restaurants. The blue cheese filet is the best steak I have ever eaten. Omar's is also very consistent with great food and service. Treat yourself to a great meal while in Jonesboro by dining at Omar's Steakhouse.

• Visited April 2013
Le Mars, Iowa
“Very Good”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Great food, great service and good range of prices. I had the blue berger and it was one of the best ever

Visited June 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“Hotel Staff Recommendation Paid Off!!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were just passing through ... stayed in Jonesboro for no other reason than it's place on the roadmap. We asked the night manager at our hotel (Hampton Inn, if it matters) for a recommendation of a local (read "non-mega-chain") restaurant (actually, I asked him where HE liked to go for dinner) and he recommended Omar's with no thought or hesitation. It WAS a good recommendation. Large restaurant ... parking lot filled with cars with Arkansas plates (a good sign, I thought) but no issues with being seated promptly. There was both a wedding and a birthday party going on while we were there and, while that may have slightly slowed the speed with which our meals were served, the wait was neither excessive nor aggravating. Next time we pass through Jonesboro, we will NOT have to ask where to dine ...

• Visited June 2013
St. Augustine, Florida
“Disappointing”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Hadn't been here in a few years and based on our experience, it will be a while before we go back (if ever), I don't mind paying more in a nice restaurant for good food and service, but this was not the case. My steak was overcooked; my husband's prime rib was cold. Potatoes were cold and half raw. The service was v-e-r-y s-l-o-w. I think that is why some of the food was cold. I think it sat out waiting for the waiter to serve it. They did reheat the meat and bring hot potatoes, to their credit. The waiter was nice enough but seemed overwhelmed even though they didn't seem that busy. We had a party of 6 and they automatically added tip of 18% but I don't remember seeing this policy stated on the menu. Too bad for the waiter; we usually tip 20% unless service is awful, so he got 2% less than he normally would have from us. One thing that kind of irked me - our bill was $89.00 (with tip included). My husband gave waiter $100 bill and asked for change - he brought 11 one dollar bills back! If that isn't being blatant about wanting more tip I don't know what is! What a turn off. Ugh.

• Visited May 2013