“Disappointing”

Ranked #7 of 208 Restaurants in Jonesboro
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: For over 20 years, 501 Steakhouse has provided fine dining in a relaxed and casual atmosphere. We specialize in top quality, hand cut, and award winning steaks, pasta and seafood. All of our appetizers, soups, sides, and sauces are house made using the freshest ingredients available. Our menu offers a variety of items to choose from including house favorites such as our Whiskey Filet, Hawaiian Ribeye, Cajun Ribeye, Farce Filet, and the generously portioned Cowboy Ribeye. Casual food items include our highly acclaimed Ahi Tuna, Bang Bang Shrimp, Steak Nachos, and a 10oz filet mignon burger. Our dress code ranges from very casual to cocktail and evening attire. We welcome everyone no matter what your occasion.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Hadn't been here in a few years and based on our experience, it will be a while before we go back (if ever), I don't mind paying more in a nice restaurant for good food and service, but this was not the case. My steak was overcooked; my husband's prime rib was cold. Potatoes were cold and half raw. The service was v-e-r-y s-l-o-w. I think that is why some of the food was cold. I think it sat out waiting for the waiter to serve it. They did reheat the meat and bring hot potatoes, to their credit. The waiter was nice enough but seemed overwhelmed even though they didn't seem that busy. We had a party of 6 and they automatically added tip of 18% but I don't remember seeing this policy stated on the menu. Too bad for the waiter; we usually tip 20% unless service is awful, so he got 2% less than he normally would have from us. One thing that kind of irked me - our bill was $89.00 (with tip included). My husband gave waiter $100 bill and asked for change - he brought 11 one dollar bills back! If that isn't being blatant about wanting more tip I don't know what is! What a turn off. Ugh.

2  Thank msfeebz

Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Love the ahi tuna and the prime rib, but their hamburgers are excellent. Different soups each week. Great bisque, goulash, gumbo and tomato basil.

Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We are happy to know this restaurant, always having been a local favorite is now a front runner for fine dining again!
We took our new dear friends to dinner - they'd never been here before and new to Jonesboro. Our service and food were very good; so it was a great experience!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Dined at Omar's with some business associates from the area and I was blown away. What an absolute gem you have in Jonesboro with this establishment! I had a filet, perfect and topped with a crab accompaniment that was outstanding. Sides were great, and the sampler appetizer was amazing, consisting of calamari, spinach dip, smoked salmon, stuffed mushrooms, boom-boom shrimp and seared ahi tuna. Good beer selection and the wine list was more than adequate. I was informed that Omar himself was manning the grill that evening, and all i can say is that he definitely deserves to have the place named after him! Hope to visit the area again to try out more of their menu.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Had not visited Joneboro for about 5 years. My 3rd time now at 501and will again on my next stop and every time I'm in Jonesboro. Atomosphere, cleanliness, good service, freindly staff, etc, etc. The best part is the food and the choices on the menu. If you can't find what you want, you're probably not hungry or you're cheap. Started with a bourbon Manhattan and finished with another (I have one of these every night and it tated like at home...excellent). Thanks bartender! Had the 14 oz thick-cut, prime rib, med rare...outstanding! Thanks chef! Was well worth the $51 total (w/$8 tip).