“barnhills is terrible.”

Ranked #142 of 206 Restaurants in Jonesboro
Cuisines: American
“barnhills is terrible.”
Reviewed November 15, 2005

on sunday november 13, 2005 My husband and I drove through jonesboro arkansas from corning arkansas leaving for mobile, alabama. I told my husband that I thought that barnhills had good country food, so we went there to eat.
The price was not bad and the waitress seemed nice at first. The food was not what I imagined it to be but they were really busy. The tables were piled up with dirty dishes and there didn't seem to be any bus people the waitresses were having to clear their own tables. we ran out of drinks and our waitress never came back, so I approached her while she was talking to 2 other employees. I asked her if we we to get our own drinks from the service island or if the waitresses were supposed to. she said that she was sorry that she would get them and took our glasses. i returned to my seat and she brought our drinks. Then she said "nobody gets their own waitress" and started to walk away. I asked her to repeat what she said and she said "nobody gets their own waitress" and she got about 6 inches from ny face and said "we're busy". "I don't appreciated you being so rude". I apologized and tryed to explain that i didn't know what we were supposed to do and she interrupted and said "nobody gets their own waitress". She never came back to our table. needless to say I was so upset I couldn't even eat my meal and when my husband finished eating i approached the cashier and asked if there was a manager around. she found the manger for me and he asked me if I had a problem and I explained what had happen in the restaurant and his response was "well, why didn't you box her?" "Do you want me to box her for you?" I just looked at him. He took my receipt with the waitress's name on it and said he would take care of this. Stay away from this restaurant.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

“disgusting!!!”
Reviewed July 7, 2005

My husband and I visited the restaurant on June 1, 2005 and the place was a complete disater from the food to the overall cleanliness of the staff and the restaurant itself. The food was horrible and the chicken had a terrible odor. I wouldnt advise anyone to eat here unless they are immune to solmenella poisoning!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
“don't”
Reviewed July 4, 2005

Barnhills of jonesboro,AR. is not the place to go when dining out.On7/4/05,I took my family there,and there was food on the floor.There were flies everywhere,and the service was extremely bad.The mens room was pure nasty,and my wife said the ladies room was nasty also.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member