“Pickle chips!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Skinny J's

Skinny J's
Ranked #1 of 202 Restaurants in Jonesboro
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Springdale
“Pickle chips!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Visiting brother's family and they took me here.

Fast service
Ordered the fried pickle chips. I love the fact that they are very thin sliced. That keeps them from becoming soggy.
The breading was not overpowering, nice. The dipping sauce is standard ranch dressing.
I would def order again.

Burger
I ordered the Skinny J
Very good burger that includes cheese, bacon, grilled onion and mushrooms.
The fries...
the only thing that I wasn't real impressed with.
They appear to be fresh cut. They are not crispy. I like crispy.

We arrived kind of early and left before the crowd. I noticed that they have a stage for live music. We were right by the set-up. After reading some of the previous reviews, I think I am happy we did leave before things got cranked up.

Restrooms?
I didn't get a chance to check them out.

Would I return?

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank ozarksportsgal

jonesboro
“Well they did it to me again.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I guess I just can't catch a break at this place. I went back after my last review which was not good and to top it of the owner sent me a private message basically telling me I was full of it for not thinking he had the best restaurant in town. I was able to get a seat. Even though they were out of some items we ordered at least the manager came over and apologized and the food quality had gotten better. Then I went back again this past Friday night to help celebrate a dear friends birthday who wanted nothing but crab legs. We tried to make reservation early in the day but were told they did not take reservations, even though the owner in his private message told me I was not seated the first visit I reviewed because I did not make a reservation. Of course by the time we were seated and waited on they were out of crab legs and practically every fish item on the menu. That's not good when people are Catholic, it's lent and you can't eat meat. I'm not catholic but 4 of the six of us were. They basically had pasta and baked potatoes. The baked potatoes came out 45 min after the pasta and everyone was done eating. Sounds like they need someone ordering food that knows what they are doing. I brought these clients in from out of town and was very dissapointed that this ladies birthday was ruined. I lieterally begged our waiter to bring her just a few. They refused because they had to make sure everyone that had ordered the all you can eat orderes were fulfilled. I guess that's noble. I will never come back again with clients in hope of showing them a good time, just won't take the chance.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank bnatigcomman
San Clemente, Ecuador
“Fun place for a hang out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Skinny J's is a great locals spot with decent drinks, solidly good food, and a welcoming staff. I love, love, love the all you can eat crab with hot butter delivered fresh with each dish! The dining room is a bit cold with lofty ceilings and concrete floors, lined with wooden tables and chairs. The bar is small and not conducive to socializing but the bartenders are generally friendly. They have some great drink specials which makes up for their slightly higher than market prices. Great music too if you pick the right night!

• Visited February 2013
“Nothing Skinny about Skinny J's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

Went for the first time last Friday night. It was a great, food good, waiter great, and the atmosphere...well lets just say everyone was very happy. if you have not tried it yet, you must go!

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank Rdunlap72404
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First Class!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have been to this restaurant many times. I've been there by myself and with friends and family. The appetizer selections, sandwiches and steaks are my favorite! The steaks are large enough to share which my husband and I frequently do. Even on CheeseBurger Mondays there's no comparison to other restaurant's burgers. We can even share those! By far the best place to get your money's worth! They cater and make sure you are pleased with their services. They are a first class restaurant! And for the individual complaining of the empty tables, the other night we were there and there were empty tables but you know what? They were reserved and when we left it was standing room only. I'm happy a local man is doing well in Jonesboro!! Keep it up James Best!!!!

1 Thank Giggles7377