“Pleasantly surprised”

Dining options: Late Night
Arkansas
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Good food at good prices; a step above most chain restaurants. Atmosphere was nice, more like a tavern than a restaurant

Visited October 2012

Jonesboro, Arkansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth the trouble.”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Food was OK and the menu had something for everyone in the party but the service was terrible. Too many other places to eat in Jonesboro to put up with that kind of service. The manager was informed but did nothing.

Visited October 2012
Trumann, Arkansas
“Long wait resulted in cold food”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I went to Cheddar's on a school trip. It was the first time I had ever been there, so I was pretty excited. When we got there, it was hardly busy so I figured things would go pretty smoothly. There were only 19 people in my school group. However, after being seated and receiving our drinks and appetizers, my booth in-particular (only had 4 people) waited at least 40 mins to an hour waiting for our orders. It was horrible. By the time I received my food, (I ordered the 8 oz top sirloin and fries), it was cold and dry. The steak did not have any flavor and my fries were soaked and soggy from the steak juice that was once there. The other people at my booth also complained about their food. The price of the food was outrageous for the quality. I doubt I will ever eat here again.

• Visited November 2012
Brookland, Arkansas
“Good food, but they're not good at managing crowds”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We drove into town one Sunday morning intent on a late breakfast and some grocery shopping.

It was about 11:35 a.m. when we decided to try the new Cheddar’s Casual Café that opened a couple of months ago. We’ve cruised the parking lot a couple of times previously, but decided the place was too crowded for immediate seating.

This morning was no exception. The foyer was jammed with people, mostly families, waiting to be seated in the absurdly noisy main dining area and the wait to be seated was estimated at 20 minutes.

Learning there was immediate seating in the bar, we found a table there and waited for someone to notice us. A pleasant waitress came around after about 10 minutes and took our orders – two three-cheese hickory burgers. Then began about a 40-minute wait for our food, a wait that I considered intolerable.

The burgers were excellent when they finally showed up, but the damage was done. It will be a long time before I let the Cheddar’s kitchen waste my time again. I didn’t blame the waitress because she has no control over kitchen efficiency and tipped her the standard 20%.

• Visited January 2012
Greeley, Colorado
“Greatservice and food!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Graet comfort food! Had one of the best burgers I've ever had and I've had
a lot of them all over the country.

• Visited September 2012