Scottish Inns Jonesboro
$96
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
Average 3/5
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2006

I've stayed in Jonesboro previously on business at the Holdiay Inn. This summer I was booked in by someone else. When I arrived they took me to the Scottish Inn, that's where most of the pilots were staying. I was apprehensive but it was late. I couldn't smell any curry in the lobby and the relief I felt with a white woman at the desk was quickly changed when I spotted a calendar for an Indian Grocery Store. My room was pretty pitiful, the formica on the table and other furniture was very badly chipped, the bathroom floor was covered with odd burn marks, the edge of the tub had many cigarette burns there was graffiti on the wall, there where cigarette burns on the top of the TV. The carpet was filthy, the sheets had holes in them, looked like knife slits. The bedspread had many cigarette burns in it, the air conditioner stunk because the drain was plugged. Even the phone came from a motel in Iowa or Nebraska. When you flushed the toilet it would belch air bubbles and water, some times the water would splash out onto the floor. All the redecorating of course meant there was paint on the rusty clothes rack, paint on the wall paper, paint slopped onto everything. I travel a lot, and this motel and Scottish Inns in general are off my list. Planning a trip to Sparta Wisconsin and the review for the one there was less then pleasing.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank Chopper_Driver
A TripAdvisor Member
Jonesboro, AR
Reviewed February 6, 2006

I love this site and look quite often. When I realized this hotel, from my town, was listed I thought I better write.
There is nothing really wrong with this place except it is more for workers or locals who pay by the week. These people often live at this hotel for quite some time and treat it like home. If your traveling through your much better off staying at any of our hotels on Phillips Dr.
Baymont Inn, Holiday Inn or Express, Comfort Inn etc. All are fairly new or remodeled and right together.
From a Local

Stayed: February 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 2, 2006

It was a strange place. I'm not saying it was a BAD place but it was odd. First, I found the Scottish Inn listed online but they refused to honor the published rates saying they didn't advertise online. Huh, funny how I found them that way, isn't it?

Second, there was the dumping of car parts in the breezeway. We're sitting there minding our own business when we hear a crash. Look out the window, oh my! That's a car fender! Yep, a car fender next to the Coca-Cola machine. Shortly thereafter, there's a spare tire and what appears to be a tire iron. Huh.

Yes, to say the least it was a bit strange. Next time we'll ask for a room at the back where there is no breezeway for the dumping of car parts.

• Stayed: November 2005