“Sorry, but must post a negative review” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lexington Suites of Jonesboro

Lexington Suites of Jonesboro
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Jonesboro
Little Rock, AR
“Sorry, but must post a negative review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2010

Elected to stay at this property due to the positive reviews that were posted. Upon my mid-afternoon arrival at check in, the attendant was talking on the phone. This appeared to be a personal call. When she turned her attention to me, there was no friendly greeting or apology for my extended wait. I had to walk by employees several times during my stay, and I was never acknowleged or greeted.

The attendant in the breakfast area was equally unattentive, and the breakfast service was extremely lacking. There was no decaf coffee. The decaf depenser was there, but there was a note on it indicating they were out of decaf, and the depenser contained caf coffee. On the second morning, the sign was still on the decaf depenser. On the first morning, there was no batter for waffles, and, on the second morning, the waffle maker was broken. The eggs were tasteless. If you consider the property because of the accompanying breakfast, just mark it off your list.

At first we judged the room to be dirty, but, after additional consideration, it is possible the room is just "dated". The bed was comfortable. There were two tv, old models, and neither had a decent picture on it. The shower head was hand held and there was no way to anchor it so you did not have to hold it while showering.

This is the first negative experience I've had a hotel/motel in a long time. I probably could have overlooked some of the negatives about the property had the employees been more welcoming or attentive. A smile or a nod would have been nice. Thankfully, there are several hotels nearby, and, on future visits to Jonesboro, I will stay at one of those.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank ARtraveler63
LexJonesboro, Front Office Manager at Lexington Suites of Jonesboro, responded to this review, January 22, 2011
We are sorry to hear that your stay was not as expected and appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. On January 1, 2011, the Quality Suites of Jonesboro became the Lexington Suites of Jonesboro - a part of The Lexington Collection. We are in the process of upgrading our amenities to the higher standards of the Lexington brand and do hope that you will provide us with another opportunity to accommodate you during your next visit to the Jonesboro area. Please feel free to contact me directlly to arrange your next stay with us. Thank you - Megan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2010

Couldn't have asked for better accomodations. Rooms were clean, bed was very comfortable and we had a good nights rest. will definately stay here again. Much better than HI, HIE, CI. Girls at desk were great.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
marysville ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2009

Take this review for what it's worth. I will just list the numerous complaints I had here as short and to the point as I can.

1. Toilet clogged ..took from 9 am till 1pm to get anyone to come up.When the lady got there she plunged the toilet water everywhere and I mean everywhere. All over the toilet seat and the floor and did nothing to clean it up.
2. The maid was the person who unclogged the toilet, but she didn't introduce herself as the maid, so humm, when she said do you need anything else we said no thinking she was a part of maintenance. Boy were we wrong ...I guesss we were suppose to know that when she asked if she could take the trash that meant she was the maid and we were suppose to then ask her for room service.. Wow who knew !! Anyway she didn't make up the room and we had to do it ourselves, well pretty much.. She did make one of the beds,brought us clean towels and took out the trash. We cleaned the toilet water off the floor and off the toilet . We wiped down the cabinets, made the other bed and cleaned the shower. When we asked for service from the manager of housekeeping we were told we were liers because she was her best housekeeper , and that we told her we needed nothing, but the trash taken out and the toilet unclogged.

3. They will cover for each other and gang up on you in the lobby with other customers around. I couldn't beleive what I was hearing this "MANAGER" say... The staff there is unlike any I have ever encountered anywhere , and we have stayed in a lot of hotels, but this one takes the cake...REALLY! DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

4. We went to the pool to swim the first night and there were 12 year olds swimming alone and using vulgar language and jumping in the pool to splash us on purpose. We told the front desk and asked that they stop them because I had a 5 year old in there swimming at the time. They addressed the issue by shutting off the lights and making everyone leave.
5. The pool is a indoor / outdoor pool which is the reason why we chose to stay there. Bad idea again.. The morning swim was delayed about 30 minutes while we cleaned the pool of bugs and spiders the size of quarters because no one services the pool.

6. Bring your own towels with you if you make the mistake and stay here..They never have clean ones and when you ask for them you will get the eye roll and the .."I'm sorry were out you'll have to go to your room and get the towels there and when your done at the pool stop by here again and we will have clean ones then we can change them out for you". WOW

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Jonesboro hotels

Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2009

I stayed at this motel several years ago, and again in June with my daughter's ball team. Though the room we had was showing signs of wear/age, over-all it wasn't so bad; much nicer than what I expected given the other reviews. The shower was slow-draining, but there were no signs of mold. There were some stains on the carpet and the furniture was was worn, but I've been in much worse motel rooms. I can't say anything about the breakfast since we didn't try it, but the pool was green (hadn't been opened yet) and I wouldn't let my kids swim in it.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2009

I was in Jonesboro on business and my family came up on the weekend. The rooms are horrible. The lighting in the room is too dim had to go buy light blubs. I then found out why they had dim lighting. The room is disgusting!! Old wore out sofas, old desk chair that was broken, old tvs not the nice flat screen tv like is in the breakfast room. That was in the so called living area. The bathroom was a horrible nightmare. The shower had black mold growing up the wall and on the shower curtain. The floor was not clean and the urin was every where. There was no tissue paper. Later I found out the owners are indians and dont believe in using tissue paper. WE ARE IN AMERICA WE USE TISSUE PAPER. There was some nasty discolored towels that was stained and old. The pillows were small flat and had stained on them. I went to Walmart and purchased my own pillows. I ask desk clerk Maira for tissue paper and was told we we dont have any. So I also purchased my tissue paper. The curtains on the windows was ripped and barely hanging. in trying to fix the window curtain I discovered black mold growing in the window and up the wall. The wireless enet was worse than dail up. I went to the business center and it was an old computer and no ink in the printer. I could not use it because it does not have Microsoft word. When my family came on the weekend we went to the pool Indoor/ out door pool. This is June and the outdoor pool is not open. The indoor pool is green and slim water. the pool had crawlfish swimming in the pool along with other bugs and insects. The pool has not been maintained in months. To say the least we did not let our children swim in that nasty so called pool. The breakfast is not a hote breakfast at all. It is so lumpy cold glue type gravey. and the biscutts were frozen. There is some old danishes that for a fact was left over and over from the days before breakfast. I saw them putting them back in freezer. So BEWARE they are not fresh danishes. The eggs are green and over cooked. I saw the desk clerk Latosha defrozing them in the microwave. ( which means they would be dangerous to eat) I dont know if she has a food service license but I would think NOT! I saw her take the trash out of the can and then go back and get biscutts out with her bare unclean hands. I did not eat this dangerous breakfast nor did my family. The Ice machines DO NOT WORK!! The weeds are grown up around the hotel and I saw a snake when I was getting out of my car. However, There is a sign that says NEWEST HOTEL IN TOWN. what a joke. it says spa (NO SPA) There is two new hotels in town FairField and a new Comfort INN Suites. That is where I will be staying from this day on. I would not recommed this hotel to a DOG!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2009

The standard of housekeeping is not that good. I dont know if it was the detergent being used but the linen smelt fausty and on occasion the sheets and towels were stained.
The business centre has an old computer but dont try to print anything because the printer is out of ink and remained so for weeks despite requests to the receptionists. Now the most of the receptionists themselves are pleasant and try to be helpful but it seems their hands are tied by the actions of the owners.
I expect a lot higher standard from Quality Inns and find it hard to recommend this Hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
bono
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2009

We had the misfortune to get stuck at this hotel because of the icestorm. We were told they had emergency generators but this was not true and overnight they lost power. The next day the manager accepted no responsibility for the actions of his staff and was both arrogant and ignorant. There were families in a similar predicament to ours and he ( Naz or Noz ) would not even try to get hot drinks or food for the babies and children. In the end another guest went and took the cannister from the hotel and returned with coffee from a local gas station so that at least people could have a hot drink. I dont even think the manager reimbursed him the $20 it cost.
This really is not that good a hotel and the owners attitude to both guest and staff stinks

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family