“A real sweet suite.”

Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Jonesboro
Memphis
“A real sweet suite.”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Place was beautifully furnished and has a small business center and a breakfast area downstairs. Rooms had TV in sitting area smalll barthrooms but larger bed room area. Nice to have bathroom sink and kitchen sink separated and the bathroom room being a toliet and shower only. Staff was very nice and hotel seemed to have construction crews and golfers as customers mostly, odd mix. I recommend it as a turtle club site for sure.

• Stayed August 2012
Siddika K, Adm Asst. at Lexington Suites of Jonesboro, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your kind words in regards to your most recent stay and I am glad you were able to enjoy our hotel. We look forward to serving you again.
Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fort Rucker, Alabama
Reviewed July 8, 2012

If this was a $29 hotel, I wouldn't be doing this. Unfortunately, it was more like $85 and though that isn't a lot, these days you can get a lot more in that price range than what they offered. The lobby fooled us, it was nice. The first room was dirty, but they moved us. The second room was okay. They advertised a hot breakfast and though I can't say they falsely advertised, a more accurate statement was that a dozen people stood in line for what amounted to three waffles. They did have hot water and oatmeal packets, my old standby, and they had a toaster and bread. The microwave wasn't working. We wouldn't stay there again.

Room Tip: Go to the next exit
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Siddika K, Adm Asst. at Lexington Suites of Jonesboro, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced. I have addressed your concerns with our housekeeping staff and also the front desk staff. We are in the
process of changing managers at the hotel. It is my hope that you will give us another chance and stay with us again.

Travelers are raving about these Jonesboro hotels

Chicago, IL
Reviewed June 25, 2012

A relative arranged a block of rooms here for a family reunion at $59 a night. After checking tripadvisor reviews my gut told me stay elsewhere; I wish I listened to my gut. The lobby looks nice but as soon as we stepped into the elevator it stunk like cigarette smoke! 2nd floor Hallway Seemed fine but opened the door to room 213 to an awful, musty odor. The rooms are dark, furniture worn and very bare bones. We started to put items in the fridge only to find it warm and frozen on the inside. There was no way it would keep food cold. We requested a new fridge and some room spray. When told neither were possible we asked for another room. As we waited I began to notice just how dirty the room was. Cobwebs, layers of dust, pure filth on the phone next to the bed. I did remove the bedding and inspect the mattress and box springs. Things seemed ok with them (although they did seem to be the cheapest possible). The manager Meagan sent up keys to room 219 for our approval. It didn't smell and was cleaner but again the fridge didn't work. As the staff worked to determine if they had a working fridge somewhere in the hotel we started shopping for a new hotel! If we hadn't paid in full using our debit card and had there been room across the street we would have walked. A working fridge was found and the staff and manager did their best to be helpful.
When I discovered the ice maker on the 2nd floor was broken I took a ride to the 3rd floor. This must be the smoking floor because it absolutely reeked the moment I stepped off the elevator. My eyes were watering and I smelled like smoke when I returned to the room.
I will say that the breakfast was better than expected. They offer make your own waffles which were good, 3 varieties of cereals, instant oatmeal, mini muffins & pastries, decent coffee, apple & orange juice (frozen concentrate). They do make their scrambled eggs from scratch and they were decent. Skip the biscuits & powder gravy.
The pool was cold and despite being told at check in that towels were provided at the pool none were to be found. It was evident that a hot tub used to be there but they've covered it with a platform.
The best thing I can say about the place is they give you Aveda products! Makes up for having to shower with a towel on the bathtub floor because it's filthy.
I think the staff is aware of what they are working with and while they were all nice, there is clearly no sense of ownership. I'd be ashamed to work in this place.
Bottom line is for half the price of a suite across the street you get a place to lay your head. You will wonder if there's anything else on the pillow too!

Room Tip: Check out the Candlewood Suites across the street.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mrs_d_a
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Rooms are mostly clean, some better than others. Lobby is the same, mostly clean.
They have a pool... Same theme as the rest.
Staff is just here for the paycheck.
Elevator doesn't always work which makes it hard for the elderly who stay here for the value. No maintenance person on the weekends.

• Stayed June 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This hotel is older than it looks from the outside but still clean and relatively well maintained. I had a bargain basement price of $69.95 a night for a suite with a completely separate living room, 2 tv's, 2 phones, a fridge and a microwave so it was good value for the money. The room was dark and quiet with no intrusional noise from tv's in other rooms or traffic on the highway. Unforunately whenever anyone flushed a toilet or took a shower there was a roaring noise that made you feel that you were right there. It took until the second day to get a coffee pot and breakfast the first day made me resolve to go out for something (anything) the next day. The orange juice was milky white with only a slight flavor of orange, mixed up from some kind of powder that was much less palatable than Tang. The coffee had a dreadful flavor that the nasty little packets of powdered creamer did nothing to alleviate.The vending machines were empty. They do not fill them anymore. They will sell you a can of soda at the desk but if you have the late night munchies be prepared to drive somewhere. At one time this was a good quality hotel but it is not being maintained and it is losing business trade and starting to rely heavily on itinerant industrial workers.

Room Tip: Hotel is cheaper booked through Priceline than through Expedia or any of the other online brokers.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Hot Springs, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed March 30, 2012

The lobby is misleading. Our room fridge would not close easily. The cable kept going out at 9pm waking my kids. Internet service was spotty. The topper was when my husband had to clean bugs and a DEAD LIZARD out of the pool. He was told they usually clean snakes out of it! The Manager was RUDE to other guests. Breakfast our 2nd morning was joke. The staff couldn't keep up with the demand. For what I paid, I was very disappointed. I didn't know there were so many hotels in the same area. Next time we stay somewhere else!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Little Rock, AR
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Elected to stay at this property due to the positive reviews that were posted. Upon my mid-afternoon arrival at check in, the attendant was talking on the phone. This appeared to be a personal call. When she turned her attention to me, there was no friendly greeting or apology for my extended wait. I had to walk by employees several times during my stay, and I was never acknowleged or greeted.

The attendant in the breakfast area was equally unattentive, and the breakfast service was extremely lacking. There was no decaf coffee. The decaf depenser was there, but there was a note on it indicating they were out of decaf, and the depenser contained caf coffee. On the second morning, the sign was still on the decaf depenser. On the first morning, there was no batter for waffles, and, on the second morning, the waffle maker was broken. The eggs were tasteless. If you consider the property because of the accompanying breakfast, just mark it off your list.

At first we judged the room to be dirty, but, after additional consideration, it is possible the room is just "dated". The bed was comfortable. There were two tv, old models, and neither had a decent picture on it. The shower head was hand held and there was no way to anchor it so you did not have to hold it while showering.

This is the first negative experience I've had a hotel/motel in a long time. I probably could have overlooked some of the negatives about the property had the employees been more welcoming or attentive. A smile or a nod would have been nice. Thankfully, there are several hotels nearby, and, on future visits to Jonesboro, I will stay at one of those.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ARtraveler63
LexJonesboro, Front Office Manager at Lexington Suites of Jonesboro, responded to this review, January 22, 2011
We are sorry to hear that your stay was not as expected and appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. On January 1, 2011, the Quality Suites of Jonesboro became the Lexington Suites of Jonesboro - a part of The Lexington Collection. We are in the process of upgrading our amenities to the higher standards of the Lexington brand and do hope that you will provide us with another opportunity to accommodate you during your next visit to the Jonesboro area. Please feel free to contact me directlly to arrange your next stay with us. Thank you - Megan