“Best in Jonesboro”

Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Jonesboro
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Best in Jonesboro”
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed at quite a few hotels in Jonesboro on business and this is the first time of many that I will stay at this hotel. The lobby is beautiful and the staff was very friendly. The rooms were very nice with televisions that actually worked. I will certainly stay at this location on future business trips to Jonesboro.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank rcoolman1024
Jeff F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jonesboro, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I really appreciate you taking the time to comment about your experience and will share this review with the entire team at the Hilton Garden Inn.

SIncerely,

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Very nice hotel a quiet pleasant stay after a long day of driving. Staff was very professional and the whole hotel clean. Plenty of parking for our pickup and trailer. Had a king size suite room king size bed very comfy.

1 Thank Gina S
Jeff F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jonesboro, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you so much for the positive review and the comments about our staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. We strive to provide great service and cleanliness and this review will help reinforce our philsophy with the entire team at Hilton Garden Inn Jonesboro.

Thanks again!

Chowchilla, California
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have been traveling to the Hilton Garden Inn in Jonesboro, AR for almost 2 years now. Right from the start the staff was so friendly, attentive, and accommodating to my every question and need. They are still to this day. Even without asking if they hear me mention something I like they are thoughtful enough to provide me with it. I consider them friends and family since I am away from home alot working in that area. One time I had to leave abruptly and return to my home base. When I returned I was approached by many staff members saying they were hoping everything was alright and I was in their prayers. This is how they have treated me from day one and have continued to care for me on my stays away from home. I truly miss them when I return home!

Room Tip: I prefer corner rooms because they are spacious.
1 Thank Margie M
Jeff F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jonesboro, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We appreciate all feedback from our guests, I will be sure and share this with our entire staff.

Mountain Home, AR
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I had the awesome opportunity to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Jonesboro over Thanksgiving and had a wonderful experience. The front desk clerk was so nice a check in even though there was a very very rude patron in front of me demanding that he be taken care of. The clerk handled him very professionally and courteously. I would have kicked him out!!!!!! The clerk was the only one working that area. I stay there at every ASU home game and sometimes more andI have never been treated anyway but GREAT!!!!!!! Way go HILTON!!!

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the place!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jeff F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jonesboro, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you so much for the positive review of our hotel. I will make sure and share your comments with the entire staff! Please come back and visit us soon.

Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed three nights over the Thanksgiving holiday and had several problems. We didn't leave our room until almost noon on Thanksgiving and when we returned that evening our room had not been cleaned. When my husband called the front desk the male clerk was very rude, did not attempt to apologize and when clean towels were requested my husband was told they would be waiting for him at the front desk. My husband told the clerk that the towels should be brought to us since our room had not been cleaned he sent someone up with clean towels shoved in a bag.
Later, my husband went to the vending machine for a drink and it took his money ($3). My husband called the front desk again and was told he would need to come down to the front desk for a refund and that the clerk was the ONLY employee in the hotel. I assume he forgot he sent someone up with the towels. My husband, of course, asked him to confirm that there were no other employees in the hotel and was again told there was no one else and he couldn't leave the front desk. After asking who was in the kitchen, who was delivering room service, etc. the clerk admitted that there were more employees but he would still need to come down for a refund.
My husband went down to the lobby, grabbed a $2 soft drink and the clerk told him that he wouldn't charge him for it since the machine took his money. Nice of him to offer a $2 soft drink in exchange for $3 lost in the machine.
The next evening when we returned to our room it had been partially cleaned, the tip we left had been taken and the bedding had not been changed.
I don't care about my Hilton Honor Points. I will never stay at this hotel again. The day clerks were friendly, the night clerk was horribly rude and the housekeeping was sub-par.
If a hotel is operating with a skeleton staff and cannot meet the needs of the guests then a discount should be offered and the situation explained at check in.

Room Tip: Don't expect the same quality service as other Garden Inns.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeff F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jonesboro, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
I am sorry about your experience at our property. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who isn’t helpful. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your business. I want you to know that we will address our staff in regards to your review and again I apologize for the issues you had. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Benton, Arkansas
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This was a two night stay for business. I hesitated to stay due to some mixed reviews, but after looking at my options, I decided this was by far the best option. The hotel is new, nicely decorated, and outfitted. The location was fair to good for my needs around the medical center. There is no room service for breakfast or lunch. The American Grill is open at night with good prices and my meal was tasty though the staff preferred to disappear to never reappear and one staff person was more interested in what was playing on the television than attending to guests. In an attempt to order evening room service, I was required to leave a message rather than talk to someone and opted not to take chances and went elsewhere the second night. My room request was not honored. I specifically asked for the higher floor and no where near the ice machine, but instead I got assigned to the second level and near the ice machine. While the hotel is nicely decorated, the change to tile floor in some of the corridors and around the elevator and vending areas, make for a noisy stay. The air conditioning left something to be desired. Either it was freezing cold or burning up. If it was on cool it was frigid because the fan blows so hard, but turning it off made for a hot room very fast. The halls were very warm as well. I did not expect a high end luxury hotel. I was pleased with my stay overall, but have had much better as well as much worse. In comparison with the other hotels in the area I found this one to be pleasing and would stay here again.

1 Thank vpmedical
Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The hotel was very elegant, had all the amenities needed for a pleasant stay. Even though I was not an overnight guest at your hotel I did attend an event there on Saturday October 27, 2012. I was appauled at the service of the two ladies that was working the event. This was not a large event and we were expecting great service since your hotel was well recommended. The gentleman that worked was very pleasant, worked hard to accomodate us and was there when we needed anything. The two ladies on the other hand disappeared for a very long time, I would like to think this is not a standard practice. When they did return one of them walked by me and the smell of marajuana was very strong. She seemed as is she was high on something. I would like to think that if I was to make a reservation to stay at your hotel that the other employees would have better representation than these two ladies. Also, I think your hiring process or company policy needs to require a drug screen. If not you may need to obtain it from now on.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank lucy w
Jeff F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jonesboro, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your review of your past visit with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your event was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that we correct this poor level of service. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences that you endured. We want you to know that we have addressed the issues you mentioned with our staff members as well. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, I hope that you will be our guest again – thank you for your review.

Jeff Fort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jonesboro
Fairfield Inn & Suites Jonesboro
#6 of 19 in Jonesboro
Hampton Inn Paragould
Hampton Inn Paragould
#1 of 6 in Paragould

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Jonesboro? Share your experiences!