“Managed 2 of my hotel pet peeves the first day!”

Comfort Suites Jonesboro
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Jonesboro
Batesville, Arkansas
“Managed 2 of my hotel pet peeves the first day!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself is okay, somewhat overpriced for its current state. The staff was cordial, in general, while Friday's staff was more friendly. Breakfast Hostess was friendly all the way around and there was always plenty of coffee.

The real problems arose my first morning. As I got out of the shower I noticed a piece paper under my door. I thought to myself it can't be the bill because I'm staying another day and if it is maybe they confused my reservation. Instead, I found it to be a notice that the housekeeper had observed my "do not disturb" sign and had passed me by for room cleaning. I not only found this odd but extremely inappropriate given that it was only 9:20 in the morning. The hotel was not packed to the gills so I confronted the front desk staff and then the manager about this. The point was not that "we can still clean your room if you need service" as the manager retorted but rather that I should have to ask for service After having the audacity to remain in my room until 10 o'clock in the morning. This type of notification (pictured) should be reserved for much later in the day when someone keeps out there do not disturb sign. I have never, in years of travel, ever received one before noon. Instead of portraying respect or a true gratitude for my staying with them, Instead, It portrayed a lack of respect in that apparently housekeeping is done at their convenience rather than the customers, and quite honestly, a laziness on the part of the housekeeping staff. They did clean my room and also had maintenance fix my door which did not readily close and lock.

Not to be outdone by this initial pet peeve's presence, When I returned later in the day my key no longer work. Of course the Front desk lady had to intimate that it was probably my fault and asked "did you keep it near your cell phone?" I reassured her that I had not and she reprogrammed it for me. Just to make sure, I tried the other key which had been kept in my suitcase throughout my visit the thus fat and indeed it did not work either.

So in a matter of less than 24 hours, comfort suites managed to break two of my hotel pet peeves: Having to ask for service or feeling like you're putting the housekeeper out when you venture out into the hallway and she asks "will you be needing service today?" and room keys that either do not work for the entire length of your stay or stop working before checkout time.

Thankfully the rest of my visit was uneventful.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank HB-KB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for the night on our way to Gulf Shores. The room was very clean and comfortable. The shower felt great the next morning and breakfast was delicious (and we all kept the breakfast lady very busy that Saturday morning!). The staff was all very friendly and enjoyed staying there!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank McCordx5
Shawnee, Kansas
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Hotel was very nice and clean. The lady working the breakfast area was awesome. She really worked hard to make sure all guests got what they needed. Beds were super soft and we really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from highway.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
El Dorado Springs, MO
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed here on our way to florida. We travel wit a small dog which they gladly accepted. Our room was very large and very nice. It was very clean and had much more than we needed but enjoyed very much. Breakfast was great with omelet s prepared hot and fresh for you. Will plan on staying there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank seafoodjunkiestan
Farmington, Ar
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I recently stayed here while traveling on business. My experience was exceptional! I found the hotel clean and fresh. The staff was friendly, polite, and helpful. I will stay here again. The exercise room had free weights to go along with the cardio machines. The breakfast presentation was very appealing and well maintained.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank DerricA_13
Fayetteville, AR
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We visit her every three or four months to see family. Love the size of the room with two beds and sofa beds. Best breakfast with small omelets and other choices. Friendly staff. Easy to get to other areas of town. Clean. Mostly appreciate the size of the room. Cleanliness. Breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank tennism0m2
Olathe
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stopped at this hotel on our way home from wintering in Florida. We had been on the road for a solid 8 hours, but we very quickly forgot about our fatigue when we entered this hotel. Britney greeted us, with a swift check in, hot chocolate chip/peanut butter cookies that were a match for Mrs. Fields! She also let us know there were sandwiches made up in the dining area along with chicken soup in a crock pot, plus iced down soda, beer and water. They even have a huge electric massage chair in front of the large screen TV in the lobby. Our room was spacious, very clean and the bedding at Comfort Suites is superior. The next morning when we went down for breakfast Susie informed us she made omelets to order with your choice of ingredients. Again our checkout with Jennifer was southern hospitality. DON'T MISS THIS ONE!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sue A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jonesboro
Hilton Garden Inn Jonesboro
#6 of 19 in Jonesboro
Hampton Inn Paragould
Hampton Inn Paragould
#1 of 6 in Paragould

Been to Comfort Suites Jonesboro? Share your experiences!