Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing Service

My wife and I recently got back from our trip to Ethiopia where we had a chance to travel to the... read more

Reviewed February 23, 2020
leighfancies1980
New York City, New York
Micky tours

Phenomenal trip that was jaw dropping lu beautiful. Excellent organisation trustworthy and honest... read more

Reviewed February 21, 2020
davidbmoore
London, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Gonder
from $760.00
from $1,025.65
from $1,641.03
More Info
All reviews omo valley mountain trekking danakil depression sleeping bags bahir dar driver guide day trek gelada baboons ethiopian coffee beautiful country ethiopian culture pancakes excellent tour national park went smoothly bale mountains ras dashen
Selected filters
Reviewed April 16, 2018

Last march I met Dezy dizzysimien@gmail.com (+251918156611) in Gondor. I booked a three days trip to Simiens Mountais. It was an absolutely amazing experience. The guide was perfect, being always careful about everything.

He also gave me information about the trip to Danakil Depression. He put me in contact with an agency in Mekele. He organized the transfer to Mekele and the complete trip to the astonishing Danakil. As a result, it was one of my best experience in my life.

I encourage to get in touch with Dezy on your trip to Ethiopia.

Reviewed April 13, 2018

My friend and I took a week holiday in Ethiopia in March. We spent 3 days trekking in the Simien Mountains and 3 days visiting Gondar, Bahir Dar and Lalibela. We booked all our tours, guides and transportation with Dezy and we could not have been happier. He and his company had been recommended to us through many female travellers we know and what a true recommendation it was. From the moment we landed in Gondar, Dezy started taking care of us. The Simien mountains were stunning and a very unique experience for both of us. We are not experienced trekkers or campers, but Dezy and his team took very good care of us. The food was delicious and we were provided everything we needed to stay warm and comfortable. After our hiking experience, we traveled with Dezy by van from Gondar to Lalibela, an incredible way to see the landscape and eat local food. In 2 days, we were able to see the sites in Gondar and in Bahir Dar including Lake Tana's resident Hippo family and stunning Blue Nile Falls. We also had a chance to have a memorable night out with Dezy in a traditional bar. On the 3rd day we visited the Churches in Lalibela. They were, along with their history, beautiful. We could not have asked for or organized a better trip. Thank you Dezy for the memories. We will be seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2018

My friend and I travelled to the park for 3 days and 2 nights with Dezy's company. We were greeted at the airport and brought to the park, where everything was ready to go. Our guide, David, was incredibly knowledgable not only about the park and the animals, but also about Ethiopian history. He was great to talk to. The trekking was beautiful- everyday we were surrounded by gorgeous views and peaceful silence. In the evenings we had amazing dinner cooked for us, and the tents/cots were more than comfortable. I would definitely recommend! The Gelada baboons are fantastic to watch!

2  Thank jess_wlvr
Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

We love travelling and during our trips to be able to combine culture, cities and nature, landscapes and outdoor activities. We chose to go to SM Park to do the 3 days trekking, which we would recommend to everybody because of the following reasons:

- The trails are easy, even if you have to go up and down sometimes and walk during many hours.
- From the trails you can enjoy the scenery (the high mountains and canyons, the Gelada baboons, the different landscapes sometimes green sometimes yellow,... ), you are NOT in the middle of a forest as in other parks.
- Our guide was very professional and managed seriously the acclimatisation to the height, stopping in view points to rest.
- The dinners were very funny with the whole group and the food really very good, with different meals to combine or choose.

We were able to make this amazing trekking thanks to an expert guide to whom the park office forwarded our email enquiry. He made a very affordable and reliable offer.
- He provided by email all details and his official guide license.
- The 1st day in Ethiopia, we had a warm welcome with a full Ethiopian breakfast!
- He cared for me when, before the start of the trek, I felt very bad and needed to buy some pills to stop vomitting.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed April 7, 2018

Great experience. Very well organized. Amazing wildlife including Gelda Monkeys, and all kinds of animals. Great food and unforgettable views.

1  Thank Josef S