“AG Hotel - by far the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of AG Hotel Gondar

AG Hotel Gondar
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Gonder
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
“AG Hotel - by far the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Despite its uninspiring name, we found to our surprise that the AG Hotel is the best hotel in Gondar. Yet the prices are modest. The accommodation is as good as the best hotels in Addis Ababa. Spotless large rooms, modern bathrooms, hot water no problem, fast wi-fi, excellent restaurant (probably the best in Gondar), good breakfast, quiet, and first-class service. Back-up generator, and close to the city centre. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, whether tourist or business trip. The rooms are better than the Goha, which is more expensive. Incidentally I don't know why Tripadvisor classifies it as a 'BB or inn'. It is a fully-fledged hotel.

Room Tip: No particular tips. So far as I could see, all the rooms are quiet, large and well-lit.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Aden1212, Manager at AG Hotel Gondar, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Ian C:

Thank you for choosing AG Hotel and hopefully your trip to Gondar was a great one. We are glad you enjoyed the modern rooms, bathrooms, endless hot water, fast wi-fi, excellent restaurant, tasty breakfast, dependable and endless electricity and water service, and first-class service. We are working with Tripadvisor to properly classify our hotel as a "hotel" and not as a 'BB or inn'. You are absolutely correct and thanks for getting the word out, we are a fully-fledged hotel.
Thanks,
Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New Germany, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

I have to say this was a remarkable experience. Thanks to AG Hotel I was able to enjoy my trip to Ethiopia. They made my stay so comfortable and relaxing. Wifi was great, food was GREAT, rooms were very spacious, and was so helpful with getting me directions,etc. I will be returning to no other hotel but AG Hotel when I return to Ethiopia. Great hotel

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Agola2001:
Thank you Thank you for staying at AG Hotel for your recent trip to Gondar! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the dependable WiFi and the classy hotel accommodation. We hope to see you again soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

If you are ever in Gondar, Ethiopia you must stay at the AG Hotel! Everything from the staff, rooms, restaurants, and decor; this hotel is a must see! You will not be disappointed at all. I stayed at the AG Hotel in July several days after the official grand opening and I was very impressed. The staff is beyond helpful and friendly. The decor in the hotel is very modern and decorated very nicely! From the restaurant, to the accessible Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, I have no complaints whatsoever. The hotel is within walking distance to local restaurants, coffee shops, shopping market, and tourist sites. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nazrate G
Dear Nazrate:

Thank you for staying at AG Hotel for your recent family trip to Gondar! We take pride in making sure our decor and furnishing is top notch. Thank you for noticing our attention to detail and we hope to see you again soon.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of days and I am coming back. The staff is very nice and helpful. The rooms were spacious, clean and very comforting. I had no issues with accomplishing work tasks since the WIFI is fast. And the laundry facility and nice shops within the hotel was a plus. Overall just a great hotel and located at the heart of Gondar.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Abbey353
Dear Abbey353:

Thank you for staying at AG Hotel for your recent trip to Gondar! Our in house laundry service is unparalleled in Gondar. We look forward to accommodating your next trip to Gondar.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stayed at AG hotel with my family in August 2013. The hotel had just openend 1 month prior and I have to say it is the best hotel I've stayed in Gondar. The cleanliness and the modern amenities rival those of the best Addis Ababa hotels. No power outage because of the backup generator,wifi everywhere in the hotel, even out in the terrace.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Daniel N
Dear Daniel:

Thank you for staying at AG Hotel for your recent family trip to Gondar! I am happy to hear that you were one of the first guests to enjoy our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.