Review Highlights
A bucket list adventure

Thank you, Jane, Pimi, Victor and Manga for a truly memorable experience. The trip you devised for... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 1 week ago
adrianj804
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Great experience

We have spent 10 great days with Jane ( Ulinda Safari Trails ). They took care about us in perfect... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Voyage10220008687

All reviews open cars dust and dirt gin and tonic special diet every night zimbabwe border maun airport camp fire land cruiser river cruise warm water bucket shower wild dogs victoria falls jane spokes pit
Reviewed September 14, 2018

This was our first time on safari and Jane and Ulinda made it a fantastic experience. She was helpful throughout the long planning process and making sure our pre safari lodging was set as well. The team was fantastic making everything comfortable and ensuring we were well fed. The animals were beyond belief. Many opportunities to photograph mammals and birds. Jane and Max made sure we knew what we were looking at and where to focus. Our 15 day adventure was great.

The only issue was that the tent zippers didn't always work smoothly, especially in the middle of the night when needing to use the bathroom. However, it was addressed by the staff every time there was an issue.

This is not a safari for those of you wanting a glamping experience, with rose petals on your bed every night. You will be sleeping in a tent on a mat on the ground, have a pit toilet, and bucket shower. If you want this type of adventure, then this is the right place for you. However, the gin & tonic at sunset every night was a great touch. The food was plentiful and diverse so you never got bored with it. special diet requests were honored as well.

The multiple sites and habitats enabled us to see a diversity of species. Jane was always looking for more and changed itineraries to ensure we would.

Date of experience: August 2018
Sarah K, Public Relations Manager at Ulinda Safari Trails, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2018

Dear Russ, thank you so much for your detailed review. For a small outfit like ours, words like this mean the world to our staff, especially your kind words about our food and drinks. We hope we can host you again.
Regards
Your friends at Ulinda Safaris

Reviewed August 25, 2018

I travelled with Ulinda Safari Trails May, 2018. I was primarily interested in photographing the animals and birds. I was not disappointed. The staff were knowledgeable and helpful. The meals were terrific (I'm a vegetarian) and I had many incredible experiences. I truly recommend traveling with Ulinda Safaris for your camping trip in Botswana. You can see some of my images at judilbakerphotography.com

Date of experience: May 2018
Sarah K, Public Relations Manager at Ulinda Safari Trails, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Dear Judi- Thank you so much for taking the time to review and we loved seeing your images from Botswana! We really hope that you can join us again in the future and that your memories from this trip last a long time. We are thrilled you enjoyed your meals our chef takes great pride in preparing high quality, fresh meals with basic equipment.
Best Regards

Reviewed June 17, 2018

I am so glad I bit the bullet and joined my friends at the eleventh hour for an unforgettable trip to Botswana with Ulinda. We started with a river cruise and the animals just kept coming, thanks to the tracking skills of our guides, Jane and Spokes. I now know why "chasing" animals is such an enormous thrill. Though not a photographer (point and shoot is very insignificant next to the serious equipment the others brought with them), I appreciate that Ulinda indulged the photographers with longer observation times, observing animals in their natural habitat is magical! I honestly cannot pick the best animal I saw! The scenery was pretty spectacular too, especially sipping G&Ts every evening watching sublime sunsets.

Jane and her crew obviously love what they do, lucky us! They made city folks like me not miss mod-cons and realise there is life without data and the internet. Very entertained by the nightly rituals of dinner around the campfire, Jane and Spokes hilarious stories and if you are really lucky, Jane's singing!

Lastly, many thanks to the crew. They made sure we were taken care of in every possible way. And making fresh bread with just an open fire gives you an idea of the food we got!

Highly recommended!!

Date of experience: April 2018
Sarah K, Public Relations Manager at Ulinda Safari Trails, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

Dear Joy-

Thank you so much for your incredible review- we also are so glad you decided to make the trip! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to mention this and as you say the crew produce incredible food including fresh bread over the campfire.

We hope we get to see you on African soil again.
Jane and the Ulinda Team

Reviewed June 16, 2018

We were a group of four (two of us pensioners) who took a 10-day safari with Jane and her team at the end of April 2018. Three other guests made up the party which divided between two vehicles with a superb guide a-piece - the tireless Jane herself and our own guide Spokes Ntshwabi, whose expertise and patience with the photographers made every day so rewarding. It was perfect time to travel in Botswana - flawless blue skies but not too hot; plenty of water, so minimal dust and lots of green. Starry skies at night. We saw masses of animals and birds galore and because we were a small group, we could linger when we wanted instead of dashing on after the next potential sighting. A particularly memorable morning was spent very close to a fat lazy lioness as she suckled her cub. For much of the time we hardly encountered another vehicle - little of that busy encircling of a shy animal that can be so disturbing.
The camping arrangements were simple, but perfectly comfortable. A bowl of warm water to wake you up pre-dawn, and afternoon shower under a perforated bucket and an 'en suite' pit toilet provided everything necessary. Jane's experienced team set up each successive campsite with practiced efficiency - and the cooking was amazing! Something different and delicious every night (the beef fillet was superb) with fresh salads and home-made bread.
I'm not a natural camper and before we set off I suspected that I would hanker after the kind of luxury glamping so often associated with Botswana travel - and which is way beyond our middling means. But we all loved every minute. Evenings round the camp fire felt far more authentic than the extravagance of top-end safari camps. I thought I might be nervous with only a canvas wall between me and the wildlife, but even though the bush sounds came close, I never once felt nervous, and that must have been because Ulinda Safaris inspired complete confidence. A truly wonderful experience.

Date of experience: May 2018

Dear Cicely, Thank you so much for your great review your kind words blew us away! We really appreciate you taking the time to write it and we are so glad you enjoyed your experience.
As you say it is so special to be in a private group and to be able to linger at sightings and create your own itinerary and pace.
Best Regards and hope to see you again in our piece of paradise- Botswana
Jane and team

Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

Chobe National Park gave us all we could have dreamed of Thanks to Jane, her daughter Sarah and a strong team of Batswanis theat has been with Jane for more than 10 years. Very professional and a huge amount of knowledge .I am impressed and felt totally secure after a day . We started out from Kasane and we're at camp early afternoon .All tents were up with Onsuite and lovely made bed . I was greatfull for 3 nights of solid sleep and I am usually not the best.we went straight out for a drive and on a great River Cruise . It is mind blowing to see herds of Elephants, Hippo's with little calfs,Buffalo, Crocs Lizards,Baboons,warthogs and so many birds I lost count. Dinner was served with class (serviette folded fancy) Food Nourishing and plenty of. Fire was lit and drinks were served .By then the day has been so full that when the staff announced that the warm water was ready in our personal wash basin it was wonderfull to sniggle up and sleep deeply not hearing the Hyenas through the night.The wakeup call before dawn was tough but wholesome Breakfast and great Coffee got us on the road before anyone else so we saw a flock of Girafs looking into the Sunrise .
So special to be there.
Packs of Lions on the hunt and only 10m away a Leopard watching. I just stopped breathing . It was amazing to look into a lioness eyes only 5 m away and feeling totally safe despite the window being totally open. The vehicle was very comfortable,it was possible to stand up to view far and wide .Janes emplee Pini was exceptional to spot the wild before anyone with Eyes of a Hawk
We saw Kudus Empalas,Lechue and Pukus in great numbers. Facinating and Breathtaking for sure to see birds liké the Lilac Breastfed Roller,Herons,Storks (yellow billed)Babbles,little beeeaters,Hammerheads,Kori Buzzards,Falcons,Hawks and many more The days were full of surprices and the Warm Bucket Shower was just perfect before sitting down to a Great meal and a cosy night around the fire . I highly recommend Ulinda Safari Trails for their professionalism and special care taken to provide special diet if needed Top marks and highly recommended. It's wild travelling with Ulinda Safari Trails.

Date of experience: June 2018
Sarah K, Public Relations Manager at Ulinda Safari Trails, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2018

Dear Winnie, Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to make them whilst still travelling. It means the world to our team and we will be priniting your review to show to the team, I am sure Pini in particular will be delighted. Enjoy the rest of your travels in Africa and we hope to see you again!