We had 7 days on Santo and easily filled up our time with lovely things.
- Wandered around the small Luganville town centre and located the supermarket and other essentials.
- Caught the free ferry over to the lovely posh Aore Resort. Had lunch there (3000 vatu for the 2 of us), then snorkelled off the beach, lounged around on the sun beds, had a late afternoon coffee, and caught the 4 pm ferry back.
- Hired a car from Apex hotel, drove to the very top of the east side of the island, Port Olry. Then went to Lonnoc beach, stunning.
-Walked from Lonnoc to Champayne beach, this then only costs 500 vatu per person entry to Champagne beach, rather than 2000 vatu per car plus 500 per person if you drive there. Walk is 15 mins.
- you can also stop in at Hogs Harbour and then walk to a blue hole from there. (there are many blue holes on island)
- Caught taxi (1000 vatu) to Million Dollar point and spent most of the day snorkelling the very strange WW2 debris in the water, and relaxing on the beach.
- went to the local market in the morning to see all the local produce being sold
- back to Aore island - nice lunch / snorkelling, and then went over to the school there and met the children and donated all the school supplies we brought with us
- went to Oyster island, had lunch, used their Kayaks to go up the river to Matevulu blue hole. 2 hour round trip including a swim at the blue hole. Wandered Oyster island.
- hired car again and went to Moyen Resort, stunning beach and snorkelling, did 2 hour snorkelling, best on island.
- Had lovely lunch there.
-Drove to the blue hole at the end of the Riri Riri river, (this is only a 5 min drive from Moygen resort) entry was only 500 vatu per person, rather than the ridiculous 3000 vatu plus 2000 entry fee per person day trip that is sold by the travel agents. Though this does include being taken up the river by a traditional boat, but still, 1000 vatu for 2 people is much better than 10,000 for 2 people.
- visited Turtle Bay - lovely, ran out of time to go to see the Jackie Blue hole.
- went back to Moyyen Resort all day long to enjoy the snorkelling, the sunbathing on the stunning beach, the great lunch, and the incredibly relaxing spa treatment in the onsite spa.