We write this review after almost 7 moths, for which we must apologise.We stayed in Lonnoc in May 2012 and got married there.
We already had personal references on the place so we knew it was going to be beautiful, however we did not know it was going to be so charming. A lot of people get married in Vanuatu, though not many in Santo and maybe even less in Lonnoc (we were I think the 3rd couple to get married there). I must say, it's a pity for all those who have their wedding in Port Villa in a resort surrounded with all other tourist. Or maybe lucky us, who chose to do it our own way:)
This was a place like no other, we had the whole beach reserved at the day just for ourselves, the staff prepared a wedding stall in a shape of a heart, made up our wedding kayak with decorations.... so romantic that is hard to describe. sun shining at the ceremony, sunset on the sea in the kayak.... dinner right next to the water, drinking champaign....
We needed to arrange the ceremony for yourselves, which was probably our biggest issue doing it from New Zealand, however after we got the right contact, it all went smoothly.
We stayed in the at the time brand new honeymoon apartment at the end of the beach with an outside shower, which was charming and the location of the bungalow also allowed us to take a swim in the sea like Adam and Eve in the paradise! Snorkeling is fantastic right from the beach, my wife have never snorkeled before but there she started too.
The food was great overall, during the wedding we got something special and it was delicious (i had fish, my wife lobster - both very satisfied).
We almost did not even got to Champaign beach, which is really close, although we had no need to go anywhere, Lonnoc is great as it is. We walked around the nearby village from where everyone who works in the resort is.
The staff was really helpful, despite our first impression from a meeting already in Luganville which was not that great, they are all very honest and greatly helpful people. They even offered a very talented lady as our wedding photographer, who made some really nice pictures, much much above our expectations (she turned out to be a local winner of an amateur photo contest!:)
What to tell more, there is not much we/they could have done better to make this day memorable in our lives.
thanks, and probably see you again at some point of our wedding anniversary:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the beautiful North-East coast of Santo and surrounded by acres of rain forest, Lonnoc Beach Bungalows are a retreat into paradise. Whether you wish to relax on our perfect white beaches, snorkel reefs or tour local sites, Lonnoc will be a hard place to leave.- Voted 'Vanuatu's Best Island Bungalow' in 2007- Canoeing, snorkeling, turtle spotting- Tours to blue holes, villages, family farms and cultural activities- Restaurant and Bar overlooking beach- 6 Ocean View Bungalows; 2 Family Bungalows, 1 Dormitory, plus 2 Seafront Bungalows including a new Honeymoon Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Lonnoc Beach Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lonnoc Beach Bungalows Hotel Espiritu Santo
- Lonnoc Beach Bungalows Vanuatu/Espiritu Santo