We stayed here for 3 nights. We were the only guests at the time, so we had the whole place to ourselves and the staff were specifically catering for us.
How my boyfriend referred to this place was "luxury camping". If a luxury stay is your thing, this place isn't for you, but if "roughing it" for a bit is something you like, and you want a more local life experience, then this is it.
- Quiet and a good escape
- Friendly staff
- Nice beach
- Close to Champagne beach (5-10 min walk down the road or a short kyak around the point)
- Kyaks to use whenever and go wherever
- Restaurant food was made fresh and includes tasty, local cuisine
- takes a while to get to from the airport
- hot water system wasn't working
- not bug proof
- bed not very comfortable. It had 3 foam mattresses on top of one another which made it too squishy. Removing a mattress helped a lot.
- restaurant menu choice can be a bit limiting when staying longer.
We originally booked their luxury suite, but as they are in the middle of upgrading, it wasn't finished on time, so we got a free fruit platter, wine and 20% off a tour to the blue hole - which we took them up on, and put up in their next best bungalow.
The staff were really friendly and Bob, who is the main transport man for tours and transfers, was very nice and would sit and chat to us during breakfast. He was awesome to us and very friendly. We liked him very much and recommend his services. He's happy to answer your questions and knows the nice places to show you. He even came for a swim in the blue hole with us. That was a fun day.
The bungalows are quite simple, though I did like their outdoor shower garden - it has a stone wall around it for your privacy. It was quite novel. A down side, their new hot water systems weren't working and they tried to get them fixed for us. But we didn't mind too much. It started working on our last day which was nice, but Wendy (night manager) did give us a discount for the lack of hot water.
They are working with NZ aid torurism to bring the standard of their facilities up, but that's still in works. As a result, the bungalows aren't bug proof yet, the back door way to the shower area has no door or screen. Mosquito nets are a MUST. We had brought out own to ensure it was hole-free though they do have them in the bungalows for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the beautiful North-East coast of Santo and surrounded by acres of rain forest, Lonnoc Beach Bungalows are a retreat into paradise. Whether you wish to relax on our perfect white beaches, snorkel reefs or tour local sites, Lonnoc will be a hard place to leave.- Voted 'Vanuatu's Best Island Bungalow' in 2007- Canoeing, snorkeling, turtle spotting- Tours to blue holes, villages, family farms and cultural activities- Restaurant and Bar overlooking beach- 6 Ocean View Bungalows; 2 Family Bungalows, 1 Dormitory, plus 2 Seafront Bungalows including a new Honeymoon Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Lonnoc Beach Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lonnoc Beach Bungalows Hotel Espiritu Santo
- Lonnoc Beach Bungalows Vanuatu/Espiritu Santo