“First ever wreck dive and it didn't disappoint.”

Allan Power Dive Tours
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“First ever wreck dive and it didn't disappoint.”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Myself and partner dove the Coolidge in the morning, as it was our first dive on a wreck we were taken around the outside and showen old guns, bullets etc. we were amazed at the size of the boat and how marine life takes over every inch. The fish and other organisms were incredible. We saw an electric clam as well as intense green and purple corals. The second dive we did that afternoon was a penetration dive where we had 2 torches between 3 of us (I'd recommend a torch each), definitely the scariest dive we have both done but it was scary in a good way, pushing our boundaries and really getting a feel of the boat from a different angle. The marine life that live in the dark interior was again amazing. I just wish we had more time to do a few more dives. The group at Allan power were professional, caring, helpful, funny and made you feel at ease. We can't wait to come back one day.

Visited July 2013

London, England
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Legend in his own lifetime”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

130$ for 2 dives, what a bargain. The Coolidge is phenomenal, you have to do it! Allan opens up a bit more if you chat to him, but don't expect him to approach you to chat. DMs are good too, but think a bit of spearing goes on from time to time, not sure how I feel about that.

Visited April 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Good Experience Diving”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We went diving with Allan Power Dive Tours at teh Coolidge wreck site and also at Million Dollar Point. The experience was pretty good. The only negative was that the gear seemed a bit old and in some cases seemed to present some safety issues. I'd go back for more, but would probably take my own respirator and BCD next time.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Tony P
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic dives, very professional”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I should start by saying that I work in the dive industry, in a well respected and highly professional company. Considering there are very few regulations in Vanuatu Allan Powers dive operation seems to set the standard round here. However that said most of my contentment comes from Moley (I appologise for the spelling) our dive guide, he was fantastic, he has worked around the islands and with most of the company's. His intricate knowledge of the Coolidge and enthusiam was a credit to him and his company.

4500+ dives and Moley took me on the best one today....amazing experience!

On a lesser note:
The gear was to an average standard, however my standards are high but I do feel some dive maintenance is required. Take your own is my suggestion. Also another dive guide ran out of air during their safety stop which is pretty poor on his behalf, especially when they had left spare air at the stop...but apparently his ego wouldn't let him use this.

1 Thank Scubatris
Melbourne, Australia
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Only for people already comfortable diving”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I wouldn't recommend this place unless you are already comfortable diving, and know your stuff. Luckily I had already done a discover dive with another company that were very thorough. But at Allan Power, it was a bit like "Get your gear on, and get in the water." Which if you were very experienced I'm sure you would prefer. I was talking to another diver that said he lost sight of his guide when he went on a night dive inside the wreck... panic inducing stuff.

Visited January 2013