We have been home a week and I am still hearing the tinkling of the coral as the waves gently pushed it up and down the beach (I am also still wishing I was back sprawled on the white sandy beach). The Tongan Beach Resort is one of the most relaxing and beautiful locations I have been to and our time there was blissful. It is situated quite remotely and we felt instantly stress-free on arrival. The pace of things was lovely and slow, yet our 3 children had a fun-filled time availing themselves of all on offer. The abundant flora and fauna were a highlight. From the little piggies that sneaked around the fence on occasion, to the cute geckos, to the colourful and plentiful fish, and the sometimes chatty rooster, chickens and chicks (foam airplugs put paid to unwanted noise if you fancy a sleep-in). The frangipani perfume was divine, and our spacious rooms were dressed with fragrant bouquets on arrival, a wonderful detail. The interconnecting rooms were so useful, giving us proximity to our children, but also space and privacy when needed. The rooms look straight out onto the beach, so lovely to have a cup of tea in the morning while feasting your eyes. The layout of the resort meant our children had alot of autonomy, and we were so grateful for the amazing staff, who I cannot thank enough. Their thoughtful attention to our children meant we could relax without worrying when they went off exploring. Nothing was too much trouble, everyone was so friendly and helpful, and it really made our stay extra special. My daughter even got her hair braided, and we were able to have a beautiful meal watching the sunset at Mangoes restaurant in town, thanks to their very inexpensive babysitting service. The food was simple, fresh and delicious, and we were impressed by availability given the remote location. I would also highly recommend a massage from Anna, who is possessed of truly magic fingers. The owners even arranged a fab haircut for my partner who had run out of time before we left home!
Some sailing should definitely be on your agenda as the scenery is nothing short of stunning. We snorkeled off deserted beaches and looked at the amazing Swallow's cave. On days that we lazed around the resort, the snorkelling straight off the dock was fantastic, and the kayaks and the pool got plenty of use. Our children fished off the dock with the staff and the owners children, and I can't thank Shane and Helen for being such incredible hosts. They really value their piece of paradise and are genuinely chuffed to be able to share it with others. Lucky us!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort is nestled on the beachfront of the island of U'tungake. This boutique styled island resort offers the best of both worlds - the isolation of an island, with the convenience of being linked to the mainland. All 12 individually themed rooms have views of the golden sand beach and torquoise waters of the harbor. Only metres from the waters edge, all rooms are equipped with ceiling fans, coffee/tea making facilities and en-suite bathrooms. Six rooms are vailable with air conditioning. A beachside bar and restaurant provide an international level of food and beverage service. The overwater dining "fale" and swimming pool are recent additions to the resort in 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Tongan Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tongan Beach Hotel Neiafu
- The Tongan Beach Hotel
- Tongan Beach Resort Tonga/Neiafu