“great diving in ha'apai”
Review of Fins 'n' Flukes Ltd. - CLOSED

Fins 'n' Flukes Ltd.
More attraction details
Owner description: We are undergoing a change of ownership, apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. Activities to be confirmed.
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“great diving in ha'apai”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

lovely couple running the diving and very professional. great gear and diving. dive sights were good. easy to book and pay online (which in tonga is a feat). thanks again guys

Visited February 2013

Koblenz, Germany
“staying with friends”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed there 2 weeks. Just great. Watching the humpbacks at Ha’apai is an expirience you should not miss in your lifetime. Brian and Sabine are running a professional business over there. But for me more important - they are so friendly and helpful. I was seriously ill after a while - morbus crohn. I ended up in a hispital in Sydney. They took care of me the whole time. Without their help I would have been lost. Just amazing what they did for me.

Visited October 2012
Auckland Region, New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great tour operator and great place to stay”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed there 8 days and it was a lot better than we expected. We did 1 whale swimming and 5 days of diving and also stayed at the accommodation they now offer. The place is great, well situated and they provide everything even a restaurant for the guests. Daniel is a great chef, Brian and Sabine manage their business really well even if it doesnt look easy everyday. All the diving and whale watching we did was with their staff, Kate and Tom, they were great and took really good care of us. We had a great time there and absolutely would go back again!

Visited October 2012
sydney
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic operator”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I went to Tonga 7 times but this was my first time in Ha’apai. All I can say is that I wish I had been there much earlier. I went whale watching with Fins ‘n’ Flukes and I was very impressed. They have a great, reliable operation and well organised. Good boat, professional and knowledgeable team, and they are very respectful of the whales. In addition they run a clean, quiet and very comfortable resort right on the beach. Brian and Sabine, the owners, are doing a great job with it all. I totally recommend them and I cannot wait to be back there.

Visited September 2012
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun safe and spectacular”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

These two are professionals and you will just love your days on the water with them. The boat is, despite one negative comment on here, fit for the task. Moana was built locally and is suited to the conditions, she is easy to get in and out of, and the engines are quiet and smoke free. There was no waiting for a whale as experienced in Vava u. Brian is a great skipper but yes I did see him yell a command at a passenger, lucky too as the witless passenger was about to step himself into an accident. I had read the reviews and thought to myself that I was glad that he was in charge of my safety. Firm direct and in charge. The two of them made a great team with one always in the water and the other back on the boat. They have so much knowledge about the whales which they will share with you along the way. There was never a time when they were not spotting whales and looking to get us in for another swim. In the water I felt really confident that I was in good hands even with these huge whales swimming below and around us, sometimes quite close. Lunch was great, salad sandwiches and even a cake that Sabine had made. There was more than enough food and drink on board for the day. The boat has a large shaded cabin for you to get out of the sun however I recommend that you wear a long sleeved t shirt and a hat if the sun is a problem for you or if the weather turns cool. Brain and Sabine run a slick operation, expect to leave on time, spend a full day out and see lots of whales !
I have no hesitation in recommending Brian and Sabine of Fins n Flukes to any one and in particular to those who may be thinking that they cant do it.

Visited August 2012