“Ok, but dont expect a smile”

Evergreen Chinese Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Just finished eating here - bit of a bike ride from Sea View, but Being Sunday there were zero options closer to home. Food was ok, though nothing special - serviceable gongbao chicken and hot and sour soup. But the service - goodness me, the chinese waitress was just about the surliest person ive ever met, as were the tongan staff. And my table wascovered in old grease.I probably wouldnt go back - korea house is a far more pleasant experience, and the food is better as well. Three stars food, one star everything else.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I have become a regular at Evergreen as the food is delicious and good value. Some favourites include sizzling beef which is tender with a slight caramelised taste, fish with ginger that is boneless and moist and full of flavour. Helpful staff and efficient service.
If there were a nice outdoor area and some re-decoration, this could become a trendy and popular venue.

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Five of us had a lovely meal. Good choice helpful staff. Good value dfor money. Only observation the rice came after the main dishes.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had a party of eight and had a great time and great meal! I don't think there was a "dud" in any of our picks and would definitely try other things if/when! we return to the island. I don't remember all of the dishes that were ordered, we probably ordered over 12, but two of the highlights were the salt and pepper squid and a beef dish that was almost candied which I don't remember the name of.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

The chilly Mud crab & Lobster along with the Hot & sour soup was delicious. We also got chopped chillies in soya as requested. The Service was good & the place along with the toilets were clean.

1  Thank Alybow