“Exellent experience!”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Leticia
Barcelona, Spain
“Exellent experience!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I traveled with my Family during September to the hotel, My expectations traveling to Leticia were not set on to finding a 5 star hotel experience, but rather a good base camp to come back to after a day of jungle explorations.

Pirarucu fulfilled the expectations thanks to the hotel manager (Medardo), he literally went out of his way to hook us up with the best guides, recommended the best places to go and even accompanied us to some of the sites.

I recomment this hotel to all "no nonsense" travelers that go to the amazon to do what you should do there: Get in touch with nature and experience the beauty of the river.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ivan_Arango

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Martinez
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I had a great experience at Hotel Pirarucu. I reserved an air conditioned room and when I got there, it was very large with a nice view of their backyard. From my window was a view of a large mango tree that parakeets frequented in the mornings. When I arrived they welcomed me with Acerola juice and were very friendly. The free breakfast was very good and I appreciate good food. For around U.S. $40 I think I got a great deal when you compare what many of the other hotels were charging. They also let me store a bag there while I went to a lodge in Brasil. When I returned, they let me shower and organize my stuff in one of their rooms until it was time to catch my flight. There was no charge for this extra and I really appreciated it. I really needed a shower!
I highly recommend this place and would definitely stay there again if I return to Leticia.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jrneum
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Pirarucu for two nights, one on either end of our trip to Puerto Nariño. The manager was very welcoming and brought us glasses of fresh juice. There didn't seem to be many guests, so we were able to negotiate the price, and were given a nice room with many more beds than we needed, air conditioning, a TV, and breakfast included. The room and bathroom were clean enough, especially in comparison to other places we stayed in Colombia. At the end of our trip, after several poor nights of sleep due to the heat and jungle noises, we were really happy to be at Hotel Pirarucu. Upon checkout, we were given small wooden carvings that we had admired in the gift shop. If we, or our friends/family, are ever in Leticia, we would gladly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Allyson A
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 8, 2012

while traveling in Colombia in this hotel we found people who where very helpfull, well interested and who have an excellent knowledge about all the trips to be made in this Amazon country. My son, just 8 years was received with smiles, with interes for his kind of world, while advising about a boat trip his interes came first, not to long and realy interesting to see.
I will not come back to Leticia, but would like to advice travellers to visit this hotel, and yes they are making it more beautiful and comfortable to stay on your travels.
They have a fast collection of woodcraft made by the Indians, it was my son who was free to sit and watch all those delphins, and he made his choice with a very beautifull one which he will have as a riminder of our trip to this special place in the Amazon region, Rudolf Vreeburg

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are very quiet, although the street it self is very quiet, outside of the cent...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Rudolf V
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 4, 2012

this hotel is was so bad im convinced other reviews here are false (I saw the tripadvisor website open on the receptionists desk) and its strange that most reviews are from columbians and they have only ever reviewed this hotel!!
anyway,this is my experience;
I was met at the airport by the manager, which was nice, until he shoved me into his mates taxi who then drove me the two minutes to the hotel where he then charged 7000 pesos! whats the point in an airport greeting service if you just put someone in the taxi
The room was awful, and bathroom was worse
The first morning I was awoken by repair work on the roof of my room at 7am, I had to complain twice before they stopped working until 9am when they started all day until 6pm.
The icing on the cake was the breakfast served to me on the second day (I had breakfast elsewhere the first morning). I would not serve this breakfast to my dog it was that bad, the petacon was soggy and at least 3 days old, when I asked for toast I got bread toasted on one side with no butter or jam.
All in all, this is an awful hotel and must be avoided. As I said, the reviews here are strange, the english reviews are written in bad english

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank Pmggo
New Jersey
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Leticia We stayed at the Hotel Pirarucú.
We chose the suite for our holiday memorable and so it was.
We tour the Amazon River, the highway and the cities of Leticia and Tabatinga.
My family and I were well served by the manager Mr. Medardo Gomez of the Hotel.
This will not return to the old year wedding anniversary with my wife.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family