“Highly Recommended”

Hotel Malokamazonas
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Leticia
Reviewed May 27, 2012

This is the best place to stay in Leticia! The owners take good care of their guests and go out of their way to make sure all goes smoothly. They are incredibly good people. It was my first time to Leticia and I was extremely Impressed at how clean and well maintained the property is. I would stay there again without question and hope to return with my kids. I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to this part of the world.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Malokamazonas

Reviewed February 11, 2012

The owner, Francisco, met my daughters and me at the airport--a huge comfort when traveling in an unfamiliar place. He provided recommendations for our week-long stay, which included a kayak trip through a nearby jungle area, a day hike into the Peruvian jungle and a three-day stay and tours in and around Puerto Narino. He helped us confirm transportation arrangements for all our trips and was extremely helpful in every way.

The hotel itself was a bed and breakfast situated a couple blocks from "downtown." Be forewarned that it is not air conditioned, and there is no hot water, but I'm pretty sure that's the norm, not the exception, in Leticia. There were overhead and floor fans, which cooled things down plenty for sleep, and the water was cool, not cold, so it felt fine after hiking through the jungle in the sweltering heat and humidity. The beautifully prepared home-cooked breakfasts, which were served in a dining room that opened to a lovely courtyard, included various egg dishes and indigenous fruits.

The four of us shared two large connected rooms with one bathroom and a porch with two hammocks. All were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jane C
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Just returned from my first time staying at Malokamazonas. I chose
this place solely on the reviews found on trip advisor.
Learned first-hand why reviews are so consistently positive.
It all stems from the owners. They designed the open layout and natural setting theme themselves and now work diligently for your safety, comfort and satisfaction.
Wonderful hosts, (friends now), that are more than willing to offer their very good ideas for in and around the area. If Francisco or Paola dont know, they know someone that does.
The perfect balance of helpful yet casual.
Fabulous breakfast in their courtyard jungle setting, and
furthermore, there are no similar alternative options in Leticia.
Thanks Pacho......

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank carlo m
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Stayed at this hotel with my girlfriend in May this year and our experience was great in all dimensions. Francisco and Paola were very friendly and helpful in organizing our activities in Leticia. We went on the Decamaron trip up and down the Amazons for one day (we only had a long weekend). Other than that we crossed the border to Brazil and Perú (Brazil is more fun from my point of view).

It's a nice room with a bed and bathroom with shower, nothing fancy but perfectly good considering that you are in the middle of the jungle.

Thanks for the nice stay, would definitely come back I were going back to Leticia.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2011

If you are planning to go to Leticia in Colombia, the Malokamazonas Hotel is a place that you CANNOT miss!

As I was working in Leticia, I stayed in Malokamazonas for one month. The hotel is beautiful and the family who runs it (Francisco and Paola), is one of the nicest and most friendly that I have ever met. They took good care of me, helped me with everything and provided me with all the things that I needed. Nothing was ever too much trouble. Moreover, many times Francisco would let me use his computer so I could contact my family in Europe. I appreciated it very much since it is difficult to get a wireless internet connection in Leticia. Moreover, Franciso and Paola borrowed me a bike so I could see a bit of the area in my free time.

Malocamazonas Hotel had everything I needed for my comfort. My room and the bathroom were big, the bed was huge and very comfortable as well. In front of my room, there was a small pool which was lovely and peaceful, especially during hot days. In the morning, I would go to the dinning area located in the garden. Under palms, when the sun was already up in the sky, I would have my breakfast and enjoy colorful flowers. From time to time I would see a parrot flying in the trees. At night I would sit in that place watching the moon and working on my laptop.

As for its location, Malokamazonas Hotel is situated very close to both the city center (about 5 mins walk) and the boarder with Brazil (one street further).

I found the price for my room very adequate and deffinately worth to pay!

When I am Leticia next time, I am definitely not staying anywhere else! It is the most gorgeous hotel in the most amazing place in the world!

Un cordial saludo desde Amsterdam!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank katarinadeholanda
Reviewed March 1, 2011

This place is absolutely wonderful. We stayed with my GF during our visit to the Amazonas, and I must say the trip would not have been the same without having the assistance from Francisco and Paola. To give you one example: somehow we were not aware of the importance of having suitable boots for the jungle; well, they lend us boots at no extra charge!. Breakfast was wonderful, the what-to-do´s were objective and accurate, etc. Wonderful place to stay. Only con: in general the Amazon is flooded by life, including insects. Controlling them is not easy in this place, so don´t expect a insect-free resort. However, overall, the place was fantastic. Excellent value for the money

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2011

The owner Francisco & Paola are so amiable! This is the place to be in Leticia, it is spotless and rooms are big and the Hotel has a nice jacuzzi. Their garden is fantastic, you feel already in the Amazon. Francisco told me all about the plants and animals in the Amazon. He has fantastic books all about the Amazon and Colombia. Some are antik! And the breakfast, it is the best breakfast I have ever had! He surprises you everyday with a new exotic unknown fruit juice, egg, fruits and bread. The setting is perfect and not noisy!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo