“dont go with salar camel tours!”
Review of Salar de Uyuni

Uyuni Salt Flats Luxury Tour From La Paz with Flights
Ranked #1 of 36 things to do in Uyuni
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The world's largest salt plain is a popular and scenic destination for tour groups.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 20, 2014

thay do the same as everyone but witht a drunk driver,cold showers and bad food for 3 days....worst posible tour although the salar in itself is amazing

5  Thank Avihai Oz S
Write a ReviewReviews (3,999)

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Honestly, I was nervous at first about going to Uyuni because all our Bolivian friends who were men were crazy about this place and none of our female friends had been here. Needless to say I was thinking to myself " I am going to either love or hate this place" before I went. As a concierge who has worked for luxury hotels in the US, I had some extreme trepidation about going to Uyuni.I am so happy I went and I have to say it has been my most favorite place I have visited in ages. Uyuni is a world wonder and I feel blessed that I was able to see it both at night and during the day.
Star gazing was one if not the most magical and phenomenal things I have ever seen. I cannot describe nor are there pictures on the internet that can convey how spectacular Uyuni de Salar is at night. To see the entire milky way and the magnitude of stars is nothing less than jaw dropping.The only thing I would say is if you get cold easily like I do, wear everything in your closet and go out looking like a crazy person in your clothes because it is cold at night. I saw some tourist laughing at my 7 layers of clothes plus but the one who laughs last laughs the loudest and I was able to stay out on the Salar longer than anyone including my big sturdy husband and our guides. I completely enjoyed looking at the magical sky and watching shooting stars wiz across in front of me making many wishes as i was firmly relaxing on the Salt bed beneath me.

During the day we went to Incawasi Island and that took was incredible. We stopped and looked at the mineral springs and if I could do it all over again, I would have stayed there longer and saw more of the Salar.
Make sure to bring a ton of clothes, the right jackets, long underwear and a great camera with a bunch of memory cards. Don't forget to drink extra water, bring sunscreen, snack food and an open mind to be completely blown by this unbelievable place!

4  Thank acumom
Reviewed August 11, 2014

An amazing natural phenomenon. Just 2 hrs from Uyuni town by 4x4. Can easily be arranged as a daytrip from Uyuni through one of the many local agencies.

1  Thank Winny74
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I went in a family vacation to the Bolivia and we visit this place. It is beautiful. I never will forget it!!!
I really recommend it!

1  Thank garotobonito
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I've been traveling for 6 weeks throughout Peru and Bolivia, and have to say that this tour allowed me to see some of the most stunning views I've ever seen. We went with Cordillera Travellers tours and I was impressed, but to review the actual Salar, I would say this: make sure you make the effort to go. It's a bit of a challenge getting there, (long buses, confusing tour operating schedules), but once you're out there it's all worth it.