“Be careful!”

Bern, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Be careful!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Might be that Uyuni tours is offering good and save tours. But if there are not enough people to fill a jeep, they just put you in a jeep of a cheaper company without informing you in advance and without refund. And they do it even if they promised not to do so! In our case we payed 1050 Bolivianos. The others in the same car just payed 700 Bolivianos! For exactly the same tour. And the owner of Uyuni tours told the others not to talk with us about the price they payed...

The other company was EMPEXA and the driver was EDWIN. Edwin is a good and save driver. But he does not even know how the salt came into the salar of Uyuni!!! He is no guide at all, never talks and he is boring...

Visited December 2012
5 Thank Chrigu1981

• Korean first
torino Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“uyuni tours, uyuni, bolivia”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

October 2012 we wanted to visit the salted desert and the various lagunas in Bolivia. The choice of a serious agency to take us was properly solved by selecting Uyuni Tours. Our spanish speaking guide, Sipriano, was always on time and on spot. The car was in good conditions and the 5 days tour went out with no problem whatsoever. I think I was quite lucky to meet this agency and its personnel.

Visited October 2012
5 Thank marcello b
Lille, France
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“BOOK WITH UYUNI TOURS”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Make sure you're calling the agency and NOT the domicile number (who is an freelance agent). Booking with a 1,2 or 3 day trip with Uyuni Tours will garantee a good jeep and nice spannish speaking guide with correct accomodation and meals. We had a great experience on the 3 days trip.
However, I called the "domicile" number to book another trip to tunupa and the girl book a 1 day trip instead of the volcano climbing as she could not find enough people to go with us. Therefore we drove 1 day through all the attraction we´d already seen to spend 10 mins to the volcano. Aweful trip... They did not even give us a discount. A shame.

Visited October 2012
5 Thank Romain494
Wraysbury, Staines
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Trip to Salar Uyuni on 6th to 8th June 2012”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I really enjoyed very much this best tour in Salar Uyuni for 3 days and 2 nights basic accommodation which is clean and good safe. It was great experience to see many colourful lakes and mountain amazing sight tours. Jeep driver is very good caring of group and everything food and take everything to see that wonderful time i really enjoyed very much love come again. Reita Bansal - England (United Kingdom) UK.

Visited June 2012
10 Thank travelpower66
alabama, US
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“WATCH OUT!!!!!”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

They want to cheat Foreigner with Money!!!!!

Be careful.

I contact them to get a estimated, but because I speak in Spanish I contacted them in Spanish to see if I could get a better deal.

They still tried to rip me off and charge me much more than any other company. And their justification was that all the other companies are bad, that they are the best. Hahahaha, I don't believe that a good company really ever say we are the best the others companies are bad. Don't pay more than $110 per person for the 3 days tour. This is the real price of this trip. I have several friends that have been there and all of them told me not to me more than $110 or $120 per person.

After giving me the estimated I mentioned about some bad review in Trypadvisors, and they answer me back just saying that the were book all that I can book with other company. They answer in a super rude matter and I'm just a potential customer, I cannot image how they will treat you after you have pay.

Don't book with this people

Visited August 2012