Los Girasoles Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 13, 2012

You do not get what you pay for here. The room decor was dark and dingy and the carpet stained in a number of places. The en suite bathroom was also dark, dingy and could have been cleaner. The guy on reception couldn't have been less interested in my arrival, certainly wasn't going to crack a smile. Breakfast was unappetising and there were no cups that did not have multiple, dirty cracks. i would not recommend you stay here, especially if you are staying one night and getting up early to leave the next morning, there are cheaper places in Uyuni where you don't feel like lingering. I left here feeling completely ripped off and in need of coffee.

Room Tip: choose a good room by staying somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Fiona B
Reviewed October 11, 2012

It was tough deciding between a 3 or 4 star rating. It's better than average for Uyuni, I think, but not 'very good' compared to hotels in other parts of the world - even other parts of Bolivia. On balance, I would recommend it for Uyuni.
I stayed two nights, one before my salar tour and one after. Internet wasn't working when I was there the first time, and sporadic and very slow the second time.
The heat won't go on until after 7pm, and it's very cold before then. I was fairly cold at night and in the bathroom. No hot water before a certain time in the morning, which is very inconvenient when you're getting up early for the flight to La Paz. Breakfast was quite good and included eggs.
They don't take credit cards but will take USD.
Location is decent, approximately 6 minute walk from the main area of Uyuni.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Arriving in Uyani after a horrendous overnight bus journey, we were delighted our room was available when we turned up at 8am, allowing us to rest for a couple of hours before starting the salt flat tour. The staff were welcoming and helpful, the room was clean wih plenty of bedding, and the shower was hot. Returning exhausted that night, we were delighted to receive a knock on the door asking if we wanted a cup of tea! Which was exactly what we were longing for!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank CatOxford
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I don't usually write reviews unless I love a place but our room at this hotel was such a disaster I feel the urge to spread the word!

Firstly the guy at reception was pretty grumpy...I can handle that, maybe a bad few days for him? However, he walked us past a few perfectly good looking rooms (basic but nicer than ours!) to our nasty, dirty room at the back of the hotel...

The nicer rooms are $50 per night. We were paying $35 for a basic room. I understand that it was basic but that doesn't excuse the following:
sticky, dirty floors.
No sheets, just blankets (which presume are not clean) so I slept in my sleeping bag!
Unsafe wiring (scorch marks on the plugs and sparks when you try to plug something in)
Brown water leaking from ceiling (I daren't ask!)
Filthy shower - human hairs stuck to wall where it hadn't been cleaned.

I would have moved hotels (I resented paying to upgrade to a "superior" room) but it was only one night and Uyuni is so busy because of the salt flat tours.

All I can say is stay elsewhere or at least ask not to stay in the room at the back!! Yuk!

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank -Eat-Drink-Explore-
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Though there are not many options for decent hotels in Uyuni, this seemed to be one of the best. Airy building, nice decor and most importantly - a clean room! We stayed in a room with three beds. Heater kicked on at night, cable tv for your fix of english and hot water to take a shower. The hotel did offer cheaper options with no cable or heater but we decided to "splurge" for the extras with a $20 upgrade. This is one of the few hotels/hostals in Bolivia where I felt the owner actually took pride in his/her establishment by keeping it clean and well staffed.

Room Tip: Go for the "upgrade"; an extra $20 with cable tv and heater.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple