“Delicious way of recharging after the flats tour”

Minuteman Revolutionary Pizza
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Uyuni
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Yes our pizzas are more expensive than what you are used to in South America. We take pride in hand preparing our creative toppings they all require extra steps - like 5 days to sun dry our tomatoes, bussing in (550 kilometers away) kilos of basil to create our home made pesto, I personally grill the marinated grilled chicken on my gas grill and fire roast the sweet red peppers before peeling them to ensure the best flavor. not to mention the blue cheese imported from argentina and cheddar that tastes great on the mexican pizza with fresh cilantro. We oven roast 20 kilos daily of roma tomatoes to make our pizza sauce. we even serve Starbucks espresso. Our customers are seeking something tasty and we know they appreciate the extra effort put into Minuteman pizza. Come experience us inside the Tonito Hotel.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Delicious, good value pizza with a range of toppings, and a visit to their salad bar included. There are warnings about eating uncooked food like this but it seemed well prepared and I have not been ill (and I had a massive portion). My wife and I shared a primavera and an El Works, and both were really tasty. Nice decor with lots of fun pictures of the salt flats.

1  Thank Alan R

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The pizza here is not going to embarrass a Naples native, but by S American standards it is very good. In the top three pizza establishments we have visited so far in 3 months. One of the best things is the all you can eat salad bar - very welcome after a four day tour where fresh food is a little lacking.

A slight disappointment is the lack of wifi. Lonely Planet lists this restaurant as the only place in town with wifi. Sadly it is only available if you stay in the hotel. We went primarily to use the wifi to plan our next leg of travels but the food made up for this disappointment. Really inspiring pictures of the salt flats - if you want some good ideas for comedy photos have a look here!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The dough is made from scratch and cooked in a real pizza oven in a traditional way. Nice selection of high quality ingredients! Chris from Boston has not only outdone himself but has eclipsed all the rest of the pizza joints all throughout Bolivia. Minuteman Revolutionary Pizza is Number One by far... the competion must be happy he´s out of the way in Uyuni!

And when in Uyuni there´s not too much else. A bit hard to find but well worth the effort!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This place is a bit of a mecca in Uyuni and has plenty of hype. Don't get me wrong its not a bad pizza by any stretch but the management really are cashing in on this. Its waaay down the far end of town near the barracks and commands a hefty price and what pops out is a pizza just bigger than a personal one.

I guess for me the hype had towered the expectations up and was bummed out when I saw the goods... disappointed >:<

Reviewed February 12, 2013

This place was so good we went twice. Once during a rainstorm. A bit out of the way compared to other restaurants (really only 2 or 3 blocks from our hostel, but in Uyuni that's halfway across town). Prices were good and the pizza was absolutely delicious. You also get to fill up a plate at the salad bar with the purchase of a pizza (even though we only ordered one pizza we both got to go to the salad bar). Also, you pay when you order, so tips aren't required. Cool decor - with lots of fun salt flat pictures - great inspiration before you head out. Really, I can't imagine much better than this place.

3  Thank Jessica F