“Haven't stayed here, but the food is wonderful”
Review of Arkansas House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jasper
Arkansas House
Ranked #1 of 4 Jasper B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Every time we go to the Buffalo River we have to come here to eat. They have great healthy food and it is delicious as well. You will not be sorry if you include this place to eat in your plans when visiting this beautiful part of Arkansas.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 46,749

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Really nice and clean place. Friendly helpful staff. Awesome great room in the back with tons of movies. Really good restaurant attached to it. All kinds of organice food that actually tastes good. Freat elk burger. Comfortable beds, the suites are very nice.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Cludog
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The inn is nice enough and clean. It's a B&B type property, rather than motel. I stayed in "Mother's Room", which was nicely decorated and had a huge bath area. I don't stay in many of this type of inn, so I'm not sure if the price ($70 on a weekday) is high or low. Seemed reasonable. The staff was efficient, although the one I spoke with wasn't overly friendly. The one problem, and it is a big one, is that the property is very close (like 20 feet) from Hwy 7. The noise from the road was unbearable in my room, which was on the front of the house. Rooms on the back of the house may be different, but the traffic went well past midnight and started again around 6:00 am. The windows are single pane and the road noise comes right through. If you don't hear well, maybe it's not an issue, but it was very, very LOUD.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank erik337
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I LOVE the fact that they have an organic cafe AND that nearly all their power is derived from solar energy. We NEED more of these type places!!! It was also nice they had wireless Internet at no extra charge which worked well (especially since cell coverage is minimal in Jasper)

BUT, the price for a room with two double beds, one rocking chair, and a large bathroom for $124/night was steep, especially when the only heat was from a plug-in electric heater in the bathroom. There was one small TV between the two beds, so because you have nowhere to sit, you have to sit/lay on the bed to see the TV - and that means both parties can't see the TV at the same time. I was also told we would be given hot cinnamon rolls and a few other things for breakfast the next morning, but breakfast never arrived, and went I went to turn in the key, the office was closed and there were no instructions for what to do with the keys. The cafe closes at 7 PM and service is slow. The Inn itself is right on Highway 7, so it's easy to hear cars driving by, which - depending on the time of year - could be a lot or a little. Jasper is a very small town with a long history, and some of the sites are really gorgeous, but not from the Inn as you could be lead to believe. There are not too many places to stay in Jasper, but I would recommend a cabin or something else close to Jasper, and then if you want to visit Jasper, just drive in.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Don D
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Jasper is a handy place to stay if you want to explore the beautiful Ozarks. It's an easy drive to Boxley Valley (elk herds), the river, waterfalls, and a multitude of hiking trails. But unfortunately, there aren't many places to stay in Jasper, and there certainly aren't any nice, modern hotels. So if you go into it with the mindset that you just need a clean, quiet place to sleep you'll be happier with what you find.

Arkansas House meets the criteria of a clean, quiet place. We booked two nights over the phone at the last minute and were placed in the Garden Suite. It's a large suite with a separate living room, bedroom, and bathroom, with a fridge and microwave tucked into a closet. There is wi-fi for internet. It's on the ground floor, and you can park right in front making it super easy to load/unload.

But, it's a couple of decades behind in renovating. The blue carpet runs through the whole place, including in the bathroom. Carpet in a bathroom is not very sanitary anyway, but having it in a hotel is extra icky. I hated to step on the carpet with bare feet (even if the room seemed otherwise clean). The pinkish-tan colored bathtub, sink, and toilet scream 1980. There was poor lighting and outdated wallpaper.

The bed was not all that comfortable, and really felt like a cheap mattress. But I did get some sleep, so I guess it wasn't too bad.

We love hiking in the area and will likely back to Jasper in the future. All in all, if there were no better options I would stay here again, but it wouldn't be something I would look forward to.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SKaustin
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are food as all that but the cafe connected to it has all organic and locally raised elk, beef, wild cought boar, and even has a few vegitarian dishes. All amazing food. I will eat here again. The dinner even has a little organic shop in the back great for stocking up on supplies when your in the middle of no where. Oh yea they also have a full cabin/house you can rent out too that sits right on the buffalo river.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Larryg69
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Jasper is a cute, small town. I loved traveling there twice and both times I ate at this restaurant both times and highly recommend it. Most recently I enjoyed the lamb burger with potatoes. They serve elk and other dishes as well. I would stay there but haven't yet done so.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank SkyDragonfly

Been to Arkansas House? Share your experiences!