All reviews rock climbing zip line via ferrata horseback riding the barn something for everyone canoe trip goat family vacation horseshoe canyon extended family a lot of fun year old son kids program feel like family river swim target shooting
Reviewed February 12, 2017 via mobile

The scenery here is amazing! You see mountains, cliffs, horses, goats, dogs, sunsets, such beautiful sights! Chef Levi will wow you with each meal though. Amazing food here to accompany the activities. Jason is one of the fantastic workers on site here that helps make sure you have fun while being safe. He is knowledgeable therefore, I highly recommend HCR. Save room for Chef Levi's desserts too and do get the meal package here if you have a choice because Chef Levi cooks great!! Morgan is another person that works there that demonstrates quality fun and safety. Great team of people for fun with your loved ones is at HCR. Even if you're not looking to be rock climbing, zip lining, or horseback riding here come on to stay and eat as from the windows you will see breathtaking views.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2017

I have been coming here for years in the winter. It is always laid back and the staff has always been awesome. That is until this year. I had not put my bracelet on yet and someone in my group had his get caught on a branch while trail running. We were yelled at by a guy in a white platinum f250/350. He was absolutely rude. Threatened to call the sheriff ect. If we did not turn around and go get the bracelets. We were picking up some gear we had left on the trail so one of us did turn back to go get the bracelets. He was followed all the way back to the cabin. When he got there he was told that he had to move a car. It turns out they guy in the truck was staying at the cabin right beside us. Why were we moving the car? well the guy in the truck was on a power trip. There is no other explanation. There were not other cars that needed to park where one of ours was and it was not blocking traffic. After spending several hundred dollars to rent a cabin I don't really feel like I should be treated like that. I hope the owners of Horseshoe Canyon Ranch will screen their employees better in the future.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Peter H
1horseshoe, Owner at Horseshoe Canyon Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2017

No Ranch employees were involved with these individuals after they checked in. I assume they had a run in with an over zealous neighbor, who has had problems with climbers/ hikers cutting through his property. The Man in the white ford was a cabin guest. He mentioned to a staff member that after he arrived at his Cabin after visiting with the neighbor up the road that someone came out and was taking pictures of his license plate. He asked why and was told "if you bother my friends, I'm going to bother you". No one has spoken to the office or complained to us about their treatment here. Campers and Climbers are required to wear wristbands during their stay to show that they have signed the waiver and paid the appropriate fees. Those are normally put on by staff when fees are paid, and do not come off easily. We love the climbing community and our clientele, however there is a small fraction who try to circumvent the rules we have in place to protect ourselves from liability and to ensure climbing stays open to the public.

Reviewed October 30, 2016 via mobile

We travelled to climb rocks here and this place is simply excellent. Hundreds of routes, boulders and peaceful athmospere. The cabins look too pricey, we stayed outside the ranch overnight. The fee for climbing is very afordable. We will return here..

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2016

Our family of 2 adults and 2 preteen boys absolutely loved our stay at Horseshoe Canyon Ranch. I have to admit, we are from the DC area and going on vacation in Arkansas doesn't even occur to people in our part of the country. But we chose HCR over other ranches (which were mostly out west) because it looked like they had more activities including rock climbing and ziplining. And we were not disappointed- not only is northwest Arkansas lovely (and the ranch is in a gorgeous canyon) but the ranch lived up to all the great reviews it has received on Tripadvisor, and then some. There were plenty of activities to choose from every day (riding, rock climbing, canoe and swimming trips, ziplining) and special events like breakfast and dinner cookouts and bonfires. The horse wranglers and climbing experts were friendly, knowledgeable, and experienced. Every meal was superb and I think we each gained 5 pounds despite all the activity. The cabins were large and comfortable. There was plenty to do on rainy days in the lodge game room and in the barn with its cave simulator and indoor climbing wall. I really can't think of anything negative to say about this place except that I got a ton of bug bites. Thanks HCR for a great vacation!

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank halp77
Reviewed August 14, 2016

Staff are friendly funny and excellent! Cabins clean and comfortable! Activities are so much fun! There are many activities to choose from daily. Climbing horseback riding canoeing, swimming in the river and pool , hiking in caves, archery, shooting, zip lining and an amazing via Feratta course. With so much to do you will be exhausted and ready for bed by 9p! Food is amazing you will not go hungry. I highly recommend this for a family looking to be active and welcome a challenge and willing to try something new.

Date of stay: August 2016