“Great lunch”

Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Takeout
Description: Sweet breakfast favorites heavy on omelets and pancakes, a bevy of burgers, catfish and more at the oldest restaurant in Newton County.
Denver, Indiana
“Great lunch”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for a late lunch. The food was good. Service was good. No complaints. It has typical diner grub in a vintage decor.

Visited July 2014

“Good food slow service”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Arrived at lunch so the place was very busy. Food was very good and portion sizes were adequate for the price. Our food came in a timely manner. We waited for quite some time for our receipts. Finally went to the front and were told we needed to pay there. We had no ticket to show our order. Unsure if this is typically their checkout procedure or if they were just busy. Very interesting place to visit due to decor.

Visited July 2014
Gassville, Arkansas
“Where's the service?”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Food was good - standard diner fare. Atmosphere is vintage and rustic. Service has been acceptable in the past. During today's visit, service was non-existent.

Arrived at 11:40 AM after making a special trip of about 55 miles just to eat here, because I have enjoyed their Sunday lunch buffet before. This time, I walked in and most of the tables were dirty and un-cleared, except for the large oval tables for groups. So I sit at a dirty table. About 4 or 5 minutes later, a waitress walks into the room and asked if I'd been helped yet. I said no. She said she'd be right back and then walked away. She returned with a dish rag to wipe down the table, then took my drink order and asked if I was ready to order my food. I told her I wanted buffet. So after a few minutes, she returns with my drink and a plate for the buffet. Last time I saw her.

I was never offered a refill of my drink. I was never offered another plate for the buffet. I was never brought my check. I sat completely abandoned at the table. I finally decided to get up and leave. I walked into the next room to the bar-counter to pay and get the heck out of there. There was no cashier. Another guy was waiting at the register in front of me. From the expression on his face and the mumbling under his breath, it was apparent that he had been waiting awhile too.

I was finally able to give them my $13.95 or thereabouts for my crappy dining experience and left. Terrible disappointment this time.

Fred L, Owner at Ozark Cafe, responded to this review, December 28, 2015
We now have a hostess during busy times and with over 25 years of restaurant experience are sure you will be able to see the difference!
I am one of the new owners of the CAFE. We want to reach out to you to extend a personal invite to give us a try again. My wife was born and raised in Jasper eating the Ozark Cafe food and we have spent countless hours returning the place we love back to something us locals can be proud of. You will find owners Russ and Jerri there most days and if you ask for them and give them the opportunity they would prove to you why the cafe is back to caring about each and every person and their experience when they visit us. Thank you for your consideration!
Central, Illinois, United States
“Different Unique Dining Experience”
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

On a recent Biking Trip down to the Ozark Mountains couldn't help but stop in for Lunch @ the Ozark Cafe...My 1st time in 6 months, glad that myself did...Still the same very different kind of Unique Dining Experience, not use too all of thee time, which adds to such pleasure...Anyone looking for an Odd & or so called Old Fashioned Dining Experience along Beaten Trail, still don't see how youd'd feel unwanted here...:-) Only downfall to Eating there that Day, was that restaurant was all out of Coke...Hopefully problem resolved by now....Which was 6 - 16 - 14 : An Uplifting Highway 7 Dining Experience with Super Cool Friendly Locals....YES YES YES Made me wanna Return Gain Again & Again....:-)

Conway, Arkansas, United States
“As good as home”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Ok... ok... the title is a bit of a lie...
1) so many choices
2) I don't have to shop or cook
So I guess that makes it better than home... right

The staff is friendly... the cafe is clean... the food is awesome!!!
No skimpy fast food meat patties for the burgers here... hand made... just like home.
Homemade potato salad... yep...it's good!
Everything we ordered was brought to the table just as it should have been... hot items were piping hot...cool and cold items were spot on.
Will I go back... you know I will!!!

Small town in the Ozarks... lots to do in the area... floating, hiking, camping, caching... or just a drive in some beautiful country

• Visited June 2014

Been to Ozark Cafe? Share your experiences!