“Breakfast Review”

Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Takeout
Description: Sweet breakfast favorites heavy on omelets and pancakes, a bevy of burgers, catfish and more at the oldest restaurant in Newton County.
Langley, Washington
“Breakfast Review”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We had breakfast there and were a little disappointed, not up to my friend's expectations as he had been there before. Breakfast was good but nothing special. Service was good but nothing special. Maybe it was an off day?

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Running65

Muskogee, OK
“Dining is sometimes more than food”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I rated this a five because of the special ambience of a 100+ year old yes taurine that served excellent food at reasonable price. Unfortunately we missed breakfast, but lunch was great too!

Much of the food is fried but there are other items on the menu. I would love to go back for breakfast. Rated #1 breakfast inArkansas by Arkansas Magazine and recognized by the New Yorker.

• Visited November 2013
College Station, Texas
“Be sure to visit this restaurant when in Jasper!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The Ozark Cafe is the perfect small-town, locals-type of cafe that I always search for. We had breakfast here and the food and service were outstanding. Nothing fancy, but outstanding food at a decent price. Serves lunch and dinner also. While you are there, take in a bit of the history with the photographs, newspaper and magazine articles displayed on the walls.

Visited October 2013
Houston TX
“The place to stop on Hwy. 7!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My wife & I stopped here on our way from Hot Springs to Eureka Springs and really loved the food and the charm. I had the chicken fried steak and my wife had the chicken fried chicken and both were delicious. I had a baked potato on the side and my wife had the potato salad and both were great. The décor was great and it was a stop we'll remember. While we were there, it was crowded with a number of locals enjoying lunch as well. Every time I return to Arkansas I enjoy the relaxing pace they have and a good meal at a restaurant with people taking time to talk and relishing a meal makes a vacation a vacation.

• Visited May 2013
Alto, Texas
“highly overated, little more that a DQ with an expanded menu & better decor”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My aunt and & were there for a late breakfast. The service was slow but it wasn't the fault of the waitress. She had too many tables and was also trying to get the salad bar set up.
While we were waiting for our meal, we looked over the lunch and dinner menu. All the appetizers were frozen and deep fried. There were some entrees that sounded as if they were prepared in house and probably from local or at least fresh ingredients, but the majority sound very mass produced and prepackaged. There were very few new or innovative menu choices.
The food we ordered was simple breakfast fare, eggs, hash browns, toast, biscuits. The food was cold by the time it got to the table. The toast was burned and dry and cold, so I couldn't even spread the margarine over it in time to soften it up. The portion of hash browns looked as if they had split an order between out two plates. The biscuit was frozen. Maybe they had run out of homemade, maybe tourists rave about them because they expect fresh biscuits in the Ozarks and just go with it, or maybe most diners are so busy being happy that they are in a quaint diner with over 100 yrs of business in the same location, they allow the atmosphere to cloud their judgement.
There is no way this place survived the depression and maintained a place in the same building for a century serving the level of meal we were served. I think they have lost their passion or have turned over management to someone whose paycheck isn't dependent on their performance.
I was under whelmed. We tried to eat there again the following night to give them another shot, but it was exactly closing time, to the minute and they turned us and ten other tourists away.
We all ended up just down the road at the Subway where we all had the Mrs. De Luca's pizza and we all ended up enjoying our meals. The toppings were ample, the service wonderful and the meal probably much better than what we would have gotten at the Ozark Cafe if it had done the right thing and accepted 12 diners on a week night. In this economy, business' must go to extremes to keep what business they already have. To turn away new customers because the hands on the clock are one tick past 8p.m. is foolish.
I will never eat there again.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Ozark Cafe? Share your experiences!