“A little skeptical but was really impressed!”

Super 8 Jacksonville AR
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Arkansas
“A little skeptical but was really impressed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

My boyfriend, his mother and I traveled down to Jacksonville to attend his brother's wedding, who just so happens to be in the Air Force. We booked our trip through travelocity to get the best deal we could and they suggested several hotels in the Jacksonville area, Super 8 being on of them. I was a bit skeptical as we usually try to stay in Marriott hotels.

Let me continue by saying I NEVER BOOK A HOTEL WITHOUT CHECKING TRIP ADVISOR FIRST!!! Call me picky, or a hotel snob, but I think a hotel stay can make or break your trip. So naturally while researching the trip I checked Trip Advisor for comments and ratings. I was very confident in the ratings this Super 8 received so we booked two rooms for our trip. The beginning of our trip started off on a sour note when our luggage was lost for a day. Our plane landed in Arkansas around 9:00 pm while our luggage did not arrive until around 2:00 pm the next day.When we arrived visited with family then checked into the hotel, still a little skeptical about staying at a Super 8. We were pleasantly surprised to find a well lit parking lot, a CLEAN hotel room stocked with microwave, coffee pot, full size iron/ironing board and a large mini fridge. I was VERY impressed walking into the room, as I didn't have high expectations.

This hotel is also convienently located right next to a Wal Mart (2 minute walk across a parking lot) and there are many fast food restaurants nearby as well a short drive away from a Target and other sit down restaurants. I would DEFINATELY stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling on a budget but still wants to have a comfortable stay in a clean hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Drosie27
super8jax9219, General Manager at Super 8 Jacksonville AR, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Super 8 of Jacksonville would like to express our sincere thanks for your review and most helpful feedback . I appreciate your taking the time to let us know about your experience at our property . We hope to serve you in the future should you return to the Jacksonville area. Please contact us if we may provide any further assistance . Sincerely,

Beth Smith , AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Piggott
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2011

We have always chosen to stay at Super 8's in our travels and this one did not disappoint us. My husbands construction company was chosen to remodel a building in Jacksonville and we chose this Super 8 for the crews home away from home. We were not disappointed. The staff of this Super 8 always treated us and his crew like family. Beth and Julie were awesome to work with. Our reservations were always correct ande check-in was always speedy. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff made sure that these guys had everything they needed for a pleasant stay including preferred rooms. This property is very, very quiet. This property was so quiet you could even sleep during the day without being disturbed. He will be going back to Jacksonville in a couple of months and we would not even consider staying anywhere but this Super 8.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank DawnOwenRN
super8jax9219, General Manager at Super 8 Jacksonville AR, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Super 8 of Jacksonville would like to offer our sincerest thanks for your very kind comments about our hotel. We really enjoyed meeting you , your husband, the crew , and everyone was so nice -I know I do not speak only for myself when I say that this type of feedback is the greatest reward we could receive for our work and efforts. We are looking forward to your return in July and please don't hesitate to contact me should you need any further assistance in the meantime. Again, thank you very kindly !

Beth Smith
Jacksonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

Super 8 in Cabot and North LR can not beat this one in Jacksonville!!This is the best I have found in past 27 years coming to the Greater Little Rock,Arkansas area. JOIN the Wyndom Rewards Program for best prices. If seeing Medical treatments,etc., you get an even better price. West LR just raised prices because Easter/Prom parties. But this Super 8 Jacksonville is just a quick zip from LR...near McCain Mall Shopping,and many fine restaurants. Today we did not see any road construction going on from north area of Cabot through to Jacksonville at Super 8 and on into west Little Rock.
This S8 has NEW BEDS,TV'S, CLEAN INDOOR POOL AND SPA. BETTER BREAKFAST THAN ANY OF THE MORE EXPENSIVE HOTEL'S OR MOTEL'S who serve Continental breakfast. Vending,guest laundry facilities..STAFF ARE VERY NICE. They remember me and bring the extra pillows,trashcans ,ashtray,I usually require. I know most of the employees by name and we visit r/t family matters,etc. when time allows. They all go out of their way to do anything possible to help make your visit better! Computer available in lobby,fax,FedEx,etc. Top Notch. Staff have even brought me extra's when I was ill and they were not too busy.

Room Tip: At night very quiet. Off Freeway but still quiet .
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
super8jax9219, General Manager at Super 8 Jacksonville AR, responded to this review, April 28, 2011
Thank you , thank you , thank you ! We always look forward to seeing you , and you are right - it has been some years , hasn't it ? Here at Super 8 Jacksonville we do our best to treat all our guests like family , and we sincerely appreciate your continued business. Please don't hesitate to call if we may assist you in any way . We hope you and your family are doing well. Until next time , Beth Smith, Assistant General Manager
Tuckerman, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2010

The staff was very friendly and helpful!!! The rooms were very nice and clean. The hotel wasnt very far from the ballpark where are kids were playing. The price of the rooms were good. I liked the atmoshpere of the hotel. I would recommended anyone to stay there and we will again when in the area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
super8jax9219, General Manager at Super 8 Jacksonville AR, responded to this review, December 17, 2010
Thank you so much for your nice comments about our hotel. Feedback such as yours is an invaluable resource for us to continue to improve our guests' experience. Again , thank you and please don't hesitate to contact us if we may provide any assistance in the future. Sincerely, Beth Smith, AGM
Traveler
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2008

This property is 'OK'. The room was acceptable for the most part. They do have an indoor pool and spa and a work-out room. Having said all that it took about 25 mins. to get checked in and the breakfast area is quite small indeed. At $71.18 (including tax) it was average value for the money. I arrived about 10pm and could not find a parking spot on the property anywhere.

• Liked — The Indoor & Spa
  • Disliked — Size of breakfast area
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Ozcfied
Minneapolitan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2008

This was a nice little motel. It was clean and well light and close to several restaurants. The bed was fine and the bathroom was in good condition.

It is located right next to a 24 hour Walmart (if thats a plus) and right off the highway.

The concern for me was that there was no signal for my Tmobile cell phone and I missed several calls. Not sure why this happened but it wasn't just inside the motel, I couldn't get a signal anywhere in the immediate area. Very strange.

In addition, if you are taking a through trip on I-30 this is quite a distance off that road and there is significant road construction. It also is right next to the highway so try to get a room on the Walmart side.

• Liked — Cleanliness and price.
  • Disliked — No cell phone service and closeness to the highway
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2007

Stayed at the Comfort Inn for a weekend, and thoroughly enjoyed it. When I pulled up, I wasn't so sure, as there was a giant blue tarp on the roof (hopefully by now the roof has been fixed). While the view from our room was the Wal-Mart parking lot across the street, the room was great. High-speed wireless internet worked flawlessly every time. We stayed in a jacuzzi room, which had the largest jacuzzi tub I have ever seen. The bed was comfortable, and the furniture was decent. It seems to have been recently remodeled. The location was close to the freeway, near shops and restaurants, and within a mile of the main gate to Little Rock Air Force Base. If you can't find something to eat closeby (Chili's, Quizno's, etc.), the McCain Mall area is about ten miles south, with a plethora of restaurants and shopping.

• Liked — jacuzzi tub
  • Disliked — noisy roads, congestion
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank utahguy66
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
BEST WESTERN Jacksonville Inn
Motel 6
Motel 6
#4 of 8 in Jacksonville
Wingate by Wyndham North Little Rock
Wingate by Wyndham North Little ...
#8 of 27 in North Little Rock
BEST WESTERN Sherwood Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Sherwood Inn & Suit...
#5 of 27 in North Little Rock

Been to Super 8 Jacksonville AR? Share your experiences!