“Worst hotel- don't stay unless they change”

Americas Best Value Inn Jacksonville
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 5 days to visit daughter stationed in AF there. Very unclean room. Fly was smashed on mirror when I arrived so mirror was never cleaned before my arrival. I picked off the fly but the smear was still never removed during our stay. Chewing gum was sticking phone to table so phone was never moved and nightstand wiped down before arrival. Chewing gum was also on lampshade over bed. Black mold around toilet and tub. Didn't make beds just bedspread put back on top. Mattresses were VERY old and you could literately feel EVERY spring (no exaggeration). Towels were very thin and not soft. Kinda like sandpaper towels. No coffee pot in room no Kleenex in room. Pool was not up and running (which is one reason I choose this hotel). Church parking was allowed right in front of our room which made for noise late into the night by all the cars leaving and them talking. Overall a horrendous hotel and the owners should not even be allowed to rent it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Located right on I30/Highway 67, this motel, a former Motel 6, has clean rooms and if you ask for a room on the back side of the hotel, rooms that are also quiet, even on a Friday night. Conveniently located to restaurants - see my review of Papito's - I would use this motel again without hesitation. As a woman, I safely used the neighborhood behind the motel for an after-dinner walk.

Room Tip: For a quiet room, ask for one on the back side of the hotel, far from the Interstate.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel is very nice, and the rooms are very nice as well as very clean. Room smelled great too. The high speed internet was great, and the staff was very friendly. Great value for a great room.
Everything was wonderful,

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a week while waiting for arrangements to be made to move out of state. For under $200 for the whole week, I got a comfortable room with clean linens and towels, a fridge, microwave, TV with HBO and free WiFi that ran at a reliable fast speed. Very little noise outside the room aside from some highway noise, but that's to be expected. Room Heat and AC was reliable, staff was very courteous and professional throughout the stay. The pool wasn't open yet, so I can't comment on that, but it appeared to be a decent pool when I walked by. They did have a coin laundry, I had left my detergent in the car, and the night desk clerk quickly asked if I needed any when she saw me walking off to get mine. I took advantage of the free coffee in the lobby on several mornings, would've loved to have a coffee maker in the room, but having it a short walk away was not inconvenient. It's an older property, so the rooms could use some TLC but for a quiet, safe and clean place to stay with friendly and helpful staff, at around $27+tax per night for a weekly stay, I'd say I got my money's worth, and would stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the building do pick up more of the highway noise, so if you are a light sleep...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Chose this place because of price, location and reviews. For less than $100 we spent two nights in a room on the ground floor in the back. The rooms are much quieter in the back. The room had some very good new amenities like a flat screen TV, mini-fridge and microwave. But what they really need are new mattresses. We had a king bed that was old and as hard as the floor. The carpet needed to be replaced too and the walls could use a repaint. There was no alarm clock and no breakfast. The room was clean, the management was friendly and everything was in working order. Considering the price I can't complain too much though. Stay here to save money if you prefer an extra firm mattress.

Room Tip: Choose a quieter room on the opposite side from the highway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I had been on the road all day so i was completely exhausted and so was my husband, so we decided to check into reasonably priced hotel for the evening. We came across the Americas Best Value Inn at Jacksonville, AR which we were already familiar with as the Motel 6 we stayed at previously. The front desk clerk was very courteous to us both and got us into our accommodated room quickly so that we could unwind finally. We got to our room which was clean and cozy, which is good because no one wants to see a croach hiding in the corners waiting to greet any person. We took our showers and rested comfortably with the t.v. on as normal. We hopped on the highway in the morning after a cup of coffee and went about business as usual.

Room Tip: if your worried about the noise from the hwy, get a room towards the back. and don't worry it be...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AngelinaHtown
Reviewed January 9, 2013

When I first moved to Arkansas I stayed a few weeks at Americas Best Value Inn while I was waiting on the renovations to be done to the townhouse I was moving into. The staff was entirely curtious to me while I stayed there.I got to enjoy the pool, relax, and enjoy the peacefulness of a quiet neighborhood. And the fact I was able to have my kitty cat in my room with me was a bonus, so I didn't have to pay for her to be in a pet hotel. =) Their rooms are clean and very nice, not something i expected for the price i paid to stay there. Overall I am very satisfied with my experience and if jacksonville has another flood like they did before i arrived, i know where i will be at. ^.^

Room Tip: higher floors are a tad quieter and you have the access road to jump on and off of easily to get whe...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo