“Never ever again”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Ok lets see , we booked with Econo Lodge because they had an indoor pool and it was still cold outside , we know its not a great place , but didn't think it could be this bad , wow were we wrong

Ok pulled into the parking lot , broken glass in the parking spots by our room , lots of broken glass. The room smelled just stale , not really stinky just an off smell , the door card took forever to get the door open ,the bathroom had about 3 cans of caulk in various cracks and around the tub , it was supposed to be two queen bed and it was two full at best

Got up in the morning and went to eat breakfast , at 8:46 a lot of stuff was empty , it ends at 9. At 9 on the dot a lady came in and started putting stuff up and never asked if we wanted anything before she put it away , just had a hateful scowl on her face , very hateful.

The pool is broke , at least its roped off with out of order and closed signs on it ,t he room its in isnt heated anyway so it was ice cold in the room , can only imagine what the water would have been like

Also we went out first thing int he morning and there were 5 cop cars in the lot , then some unmarked a a drug dog showed up , I mean you can't make this stuff up. We will never stay here again

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ubenumber2
grpatel1021, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

It brings us deep sorrow to hear that you experienced such poor service at our hotel and that you were so disappointed and frustrated with the condition of the room, the breakfast we served and our service.

We want to let you know that we are very sorry for the inconvenience it has caused you and be rest assured your comments are well noted. We will go through each of our rooms as well as our processes and make the necessary improvements so this will never happen again with any of our guests. We know that we have failed you and we are very sad about it. Please reconsider and give us another chance to give you a far better experience and change your perception of our hotel.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed here to be close to work in a snow storm and the staff at the front desk were wonderful. The phone was ringing constantly and people piling in the door but the staff stayed calm and courteous. The room was clean and warm. Just what I needed and at a fair price.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I stayed at the Econo Lodge in Jacksonville Arkansas in August of 2011. I travel and spend at least 75 nights a year in a hotel. From my experience Econo Lodge's are the lower grade hotels in the choice hotel chain. This Econo Lodge, however, had advantages over others I've stayed at.

When I arrived the front desk personnel was pleasant. The hotel looked as I had expected it to. Outside entrance, two stories and so on. My room had a heart shaped jacuzzi which was very surprising and also the hotel had an indoor pool. I haven't seen any Econo Lodges with either of these.

The room was what I would expect, water pressure in the shower was great. The shower head was right above my head and I'm short so I'm not sure that would work out too well for a taller person. The price was decent.

The location of the hotel is ideal. I felt safe there and there are restaurants nearby. Walmart is right down the street. The wireless internet was fast and worked well.

I do have a couple complaints though. First of all, I made my reservation weeks ago and they knew I was arriving. I believe I was the only person they placed on the second floor, I guess due to the fact I wanted a non-smoking room but my complaint is that the room was so terribly hot and even though I turned on the AC, the room never cooled down. They could have turned the AC on earlier that day but the front desk clerk mentioned that they didn't.

My biggest complaint however is the electrical outlets. When you plug something into them, the plug falls right out. I'm not sure what causes this, however I stayed at another hotel in this area two years ago and had the same exact problem. It seems like the walls are made of plaster or something and they appeared very "crumbly".

Over all, I'm not a very picky person so this hotel worked for me. However, if you are looking for a hotel that is average or better you might want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I was traveling with my children. We just needed a place to spend the night and have breakfast before striking out for Austin in the morning. The pool is big with shallow, wide steps for my 4 year old to play on. The room was clean but did smell like smoke. That wasn't a big deal to me.

What was more concerning was the fact that the door frame and door didn't line up correctly, so I couldn't fully engage the deadbolt. There was a chain lock.

You'll also want to keep in mind that you can hear quite a bit from the room next door, including the taps turning on and the toilet flushing.

The breakfast buffet offered choices of cereal, bagels, pastries, orange juice and coffee. The seating area was a nice size.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2010

The room had everything I needed.
I received excellent service.
This hotel was located next to Wal-Mart in jacksonville, Ar and was located near 5 restaurants and I was able to get enough food for my stay.
I liked everything about the hotel including the management.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 29, 2010

The service here is great. Its very clean and well taken care of.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 10, 2009

The indoor pool did not have any water in it. The receptionist did not have her mobile phone on vibrate, so it ringed continuously as she was checking us in. The hotel did not have any outside lighting by our room. So we basically had to walk thru a dark breeze-way to get to our room. There was also a sign in the parking lot that said the hotel was not responsible for our vehicles. The worst of it all was the fact that the beds were extremely hard.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family