“nice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Jacksonville
Cabot, Arkansas
“nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

This hotel has a very nice staff that will help with whatever you need. Rooms are kept clean and there is plenty of parking. They also offer military discounts and senior discounts. Stayed for several days and was always happy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kim K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
COrdova, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

Upon my arrival to the Best Western, the employees were very polite and friendly. All of their Non-smoking rooms were booked but they still thought to mention that they had Smoking Rooms available if I was okay with sleeping in a smoking room. I was greatful that they even offered the second alternative. They even gave me a discount for my inconvenience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Burke, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

I will start with the good. Check in was great. Scott was very personable and checked all three in my party in without a hitch. My room was adequate. It had clearly been recently renovated, as the bathroom fixtures and carpeting were brand new. I did request a 'quiet room' and was given a room on the back side of the motel - as it does face a very busy road.

Average - breakfast. It is your typical 'free breakfast' at any budget motel. Powdered egg patties, mystery meat sausage and somewhat stale bread products. Some in our party had waffles, and seemed to enjoy them, unfortunately, I am not a fan of waffles.

The bad. Upon checkout, I presented Best Western gift cards to pay for part of my stay. Scott was again attending the desk. He told us, unfortunately, that he had not been trained for check out and that his manager was at a Dr's appt. He did not know how to handle the gift cards. He said he would hold onto the gift cards until his manager arrived, then call me when he was going to charge my card for the balance. He provided a note on my folio as proof of having the gift cards. I never heard from the hotel for the rest of the day.

The following days, I kept an eye on my credit card statement online, when low and behold, the full amount for the room charge shows up on my bill. I call the hotel and speak with the front desk (forgot her name) and explained my situation. She took down my information and said she would look into it and get back to me. Again, no call.

I waited a few days and then called again. This time I got the manager, Cookie. I again explained my situation and she seemed to have no knowledge of the issue. She said she would look into it and get back to me. I explained to her then, that if I didn't get a call back on that day (it was in the morning), I would be contacting the cc company and disputing the charge. Again, no call back.

I understand that sometimes mistakes happen. But as a business, you have to address them and do all you can to fix them. I have family in Jacksonville, I won't be staying here on my next visit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hihokie
Buckner
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Hotel was clean and pretty reasonable in price.The bathtub drained very slow and the bed was a little on the hard side. The hot breakfast was very good and the staff was very helpful. Overall we were pleased with our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Waldo, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

We were told when booked room that they were giving us a room with a balcony over looking pool so could watch kids swim didn't mention pool was out if order. Service sucked. Water pressure sucked. Electrical outlets in bathroom didn't work. Would not recommend to anyone. There are several better motels around with the same rates per room that are 100% better than this one. I complained about everything all they did was give us a discount of $7 a night and tell us how great a rate we had regardless of the poor service & poor quality

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Granbury, TX, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

Couldn't find anything wrong with this motel. The help on check-in and out was exceptional. The room were very clean. The outside appearance was very good/Neat. We go to Batesville, Arkansas every year after Branson, So this will definitely be our stopping point on the way back home. Actually looking forward to seeing if the same help is still there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

N.W. Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

I've stayed at this motel several times when I'm in the area. It's very convenient to the places my friend and I like to go shopping or eating out without having to drive into Little Rock. And I always try to stay at a Best Western that has smoking rooms available so I can build up my points for free nights and there is no time limit on when you have to use them by. Like with another chain I use to stay at but my points would always expire before I could get enough to add up for a free night.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
BEST WESTERN Sherwood Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Sherwood Inn & Suit...
#5 of 28 in North Little Rock
Quality Inn Jacksonville
Quality Inn Jacksonville
#2 of 8 in Jacksonville
Super 8 Jacksonville AR
Super 8 Jacksonville AR
#1 of 8 in Jacksonville
Wingate by Wyndham North Little Rock
Wingate by Wyndham North Little ...
#8 of 28 in North Little Rock
Days Inn & Suites - Cabot
Motel 6
Motel 6
#5 of 8 in Jacksonville

Been to BEST WESTERN Jacksonville Inn? Share your experiences!