“Good quality for the price and very friendly but don't expect internet”
Review of Motel 6

Motel 6
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Made my reservation - or 'thought' I made it but info didn't go through to Cranbury. Staff was friendly and helpful, though- they had available room for the nights we needed and set me up at same price! Room was clean and quiet - we were very satisfied. We enjoyed the pool both nights we were there, clean, quiet (no traffic noises), landscaped nicely, gazebo in the corner for some shade, plenty of seating. We didn't try the breakfast, so I can't say anything about that. My only complaint is the internet- I was never able to get online while we were there - when I asked about it, I was told that there was no trick to it but they did have problems with it 'yesterday' - so I just kept trying but never got on once. The day we left, I noticed a wifi sign at the McDonald's across the street - I would have tried there if I had seen it earlier. Probably could have at the Starbucks next door, too, but those drinks would have defeated the cost of staying at a reasonable motel. Irony is that the main thing I wanted to do online all weekend is make sure I wasn't charged twice for the room (because of the hotels.com confusion)! When I checked out, the receptionist asked if I had cleared it up. When I said I don't know, I don't have a phone number for them, I only have the web address, but was never able to get online all weekend, she just said 'Oh'. (Exactly, she didn't seem a bit surprised). Except for this, however, the place really was perfect for our needs.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed July 10, 2010

The service was really good; the staff was friendly & helpful. The room was comfortable. Conveniently located between a convenience store and a Starbucks, it was also within walking distance of several other businesses, such as Burger King and Wal-Mart. The continental breakfast wasn't anything to write home about, but it was adequate. Overall, this was a great value for the budget-conscious!

Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2010

We was there for 4 days for our Grandsons wedding so a number of us stayed. I want to say that I have never been in a motel,hotel that was as friendly, helpful and just enjoyable as it was here. Jay(manager) and his wife were the nicest people ever. Grandson is in Air Force there so if we ever get that way again it surely will be the place we go back to. Thank you again for making the trip even more enjoyable.
Larry and Nancy from Florida

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank nOrgegrams
Reviewed April 15, 2010

We were visiting our son who is stationed at Little Rock AFB and this hotel is conveniently located just outside the gates of the base. It's flanked by a gas station and a Starbucks and there is a 24hr Wal-Mart within easy walking distance. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious and overall the hotel was quiet. I was very happy with the rooms for the money I paid. My wife and daughter didn't like the breakfast and walked to the Wal-Mart to buy some breakfast food, but I never complain about a "free" item. The outdoor pool was not open during our stay. I used the fitness center which was a converted guest room and consisted of a weight machine, two treadmills, and a stationary bicycle. The equipment appeared old, but it worked. We've stayed in Jacksonville and nearby Cabot hotels in the past and this is the best experience we've ever had.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Craninn, GM at Motel 6, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2010

Thank you for the kind words.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
I will share this with the staff.

Reviewed February 22, 2010

I Have never had a very friendly welcome ever.
stay and service was exelant,
When leaving felt like leavin somthing behind.

Tray polk

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Craninn, GM at Motel 6, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
We appreciate it very much.

Reviewed October 17, 2009

Good hotel, there was a couple of issues but they were promptly taken care of!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank BFMoon
Craninn, GM at Motel 6, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2010

You stayed back in July yet took the time to review us all these months later.
I remember your visit and I am glad we were able to help you out. I hope if you are in the area you will keep us in mind.
Thanks for the review.

Reviewed May 4, 2008

This place was a great deal. It was very clean and cozy. The staff was wonderful. They were very helpful. the girl that works nights gave us directions to a bunch of different restraunts. she was very patient with us even though we didn't know the area and were a little confused as to how the roads worked. if you've ever been to arkansas you know what im talking about. i will definitely be staying there on future trips.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank frequenttraveler1977
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Best Western Jacksonville Inn
Best Western Jacksonville Inn
#3 of 8 in Jacksonville
Best Western Sherwood Inn & Suites
Best Western Sherwood Inn & Suit...
#4 of 28 in North Little Rock
Quality Inn Jacksonville
Quality Inn Jacksonville
#2 of 8 in Jacksonville
Days Inn & Suites - Cabot

Been to Motel 6? Share your experiences!