“Must try!!!”

Smokin Buns BBQ
Ranked #1 of 66 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Visiting from Tennessee and went here with family. The BBQ was excellent! I especially loved the nachos and BBQ baked potato, my hubby had the cat fish and was impressed. My dad had the ribs and half rack was huge with tons of meat. Will be back again!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I eat at Smokin' Buns every other week. It has been a staple in our restaurant rotation ever since we discovered it and it is hands down the best BBQ brisket within 100 miles. I've had better, but not often and not nearby.

Another favorite is the BBQ baked potato, especially with the chicken, which is excellent in it's own right.

About the only lack-luster part of the menu are the deserts, but by the time I get through my platter of other good eats I'm not usually hungry for dessert anyway.

Also, I can't vouch for the catfish as I don't eat the stuff.

Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I had the 2 item combo with the beef brisket and pulled pork with 2 sides of BBQ baked beans and fries. The pork was very moist and tender the brisket was good but just a little dry. I chose the hot (spicy) BBQ sauce. Beans were great with a nice smoky flavor, fries hot and fresh. Overall great BBQ I would come back. Server was very nice and attentive.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Great atmosphere. Fantastic service. Delicious food. Only downside is that they are so busy that sometimes we have to wait for a table. But that means it's a great place to eat, right? We eat there every Wednesday night before church. We've tried almost everything on the menu and never had anything bad. They are great for call-ahead and take-out, too. Whenever I need to take food to a friend (for sickness or death in the family) they have a great family pack of BBQ that works really well. Can't say enough good things about them!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

love the atmosphere, the friendly waitresses, the food is great, love the Boss Barbecue sandwich, the catfish and Brisket is good too! They are out in the middle of nowhere and yet it stays full and you leave full! We always take friends who are in town visiting.