“A really good place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Days Inn Hope

Days Inn Hope
Days Inn Hope
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Hope
Baltimore, Maryland
“A really good place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Let me start by saying that I am not a fan of Days Inn. We only stayed here because we needed a motel whose rooms opened directly out onto the parking lot. So I was quite happy and suprised to discover that this is an exceedingly nice and very well looked after motel. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and nicely furnished. Breakfast is served in a large spacious room, with a good range of food options. Even the landscaping is well tended. If you need to stay in Hope, by all means choose the Days Inn!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wanderlust777

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Duluth, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

Before getting a room we always take a look at the room we are accepting. We check the bathroom, check to see if the tv works, fan/heat works and pull back the bedding to try and see if it is clean and fresh. We only made it to the bathroom in this case because there was a giant BIG cockroach in the middle of the floor that someone had apparently stepped on. We left!

Room Tip: Check for bugs
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Hope hotels

Texarkana, Arkansas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

So I have stayed at this Day's Inn when I travel thorugh Hope, AR. Have stayed there a total of 3 times. It is an average hotel, a little dated but clean eventhough the hallways are dark and creepy and the staff/owners are not very friendly. Housekeeping came into my room once eventhough I had the Do Not Disturb sign on. I always got a $49 rate until this past trip I was told the new rate is $69. There is no way this hotel can justify a $20 increase., So I went down the street to the Super 8 and WOW! what a difference. I got a $45 rate and the rooms are updated with 32 inch LCD tvs, coffee makers, fridge and microwaves, new towels. Trust me, skip the Days Inn.

Room Tip: Super 8 just down the street and across from WalMart, updated rooms and very clean. Great breakfast.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark A
Springdale
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Good location, very easy to get to.

Our room was comfortable. The AC worked but tended to shut off/on quite often, more than what we thought it should. It was obvious that there has been an attempt to spruce up the room/s.

When the AC was shut off, the hall noise was very noticeable. The interior halls could have used that same sprucing.

Internet connection was not that strong.

The outside of the hotel was in need of a good cleaning. It did not lend well to the appearance of the hotel.

Front desk person was very helpful and friendly.

Checkout was a different person, perhaps the owner/manager.

No pool, not that we were prepared to use it. We just thought it was amusing that the hotel/evacuation map on our room's door showed where the pool was. Apparently it is now a Walgreen's.

Room Tip: I would ask for one that is not close to the exterior doors and/or guest laundry.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ozarksportsgal
Groveton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2010

They have pillow-top mattresses amd they are heavenly. I thought it was a bit high-priced for being out in the middle of nowhere. The staff was very nice and friendly and we really enjoyed out short stay there. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SpiceFolks
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2009

The front desk clerk in the evening is nice, the room has what Days Inn has told them they must have, i.e., a slightly upgraded bed but the place is a dump. You can tell there has been no investment in this hotel. Carpet tearing, wallpaper peeling, oddly and poorly painted green guest room doors. The second floor fire door was propped open all day, I finally closed it at 10 pm and told the am front desk clerk about it and she shrugged me off, said "it wasn't really a fire door." I then suggested that they should remove all the crash/panic bars from the door and put a key access on the door like all the other access doors but she just looked at me and shrugged. REALLY!

The other three hotels at the Exit 30 on I-30 were sold out. You can see why this one wasn't.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank dmount
Colonial Heights, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2009

I stayed at the Days Inn for the 2009 Watermelon Festival. I chose this hotel since the Super 8 was sold out and I could use my points for a free night. The website states that check-in is at 1 pm and when I arrived around 2 pm, I was told that I couldn't check-in until 3 pm. Ironically, there was also a sign stating that check-in starts at 1 pm and check-out is at 11 am. Well, I was able to get a key but not use the room until 3 pm. The hotel is very old and although the bathroom was recently remodeled, you name the short cut and they have used it. The bathroom had a recently patched hole in the wall, the wallpaper in the room had stains on it, etc. The a/c worked well but I could not adjust it so I froze. The room had a refrigerator/microwave which was nice. The room didn't have a tv guide and I was surprised to find Showtime. No pool and only one washer/dryer that charges $1.50 each. This hotel seems to house extended stay guests as well. The breakfast is very minimal but has lots of options. The business center has a computer but not a printer. The second floor is not handicap accessible...no elevator. There is a Walgreens next door which you can walk to. I wouldn't spend more than $40 a night for this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hope
Hampton Inn and Suites Hope
Americas Best Value Inn
BEST WESTERN of Hope
Super 8 Hope
Super 8 Hope
#2 of 8 in Hope
Holiday Inn Express Hope
Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Prescott

Been to Days Inn Hope? Share your experiences!