“Wonderful few days” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vinecole

Vinecole
More attraction details
Owner description: Vinécole is the new wine experience of the Languedoc-Roussillon region in the south of France - offering wine courses and tastings throughout the year. Located at the impressive Domaine Gayda near Limoux, Vinécole is a wine school for all.Run by Master of Wine Matthew Stubbs, Vinécole offers wine courses and wine tastings both for people looking for a brief introduction to wine, as well as those studying for professional qualifications.Whilst studying at the school students can take advantage of the impressive accommodation and gastronomic restaurant situated at the Domaine. We run everything from 2-hour introductory tastings on wines of the region to Guided Tours, a One-day Wine Experience Course and the WSET professional wine qualifications. We can offer bespoke weekend breaks so please get in touch to discuss your requirements.
Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful few days”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I did an intensive yet rewarding wine course in early July 2012. Matthew and Rachel were incredibly helpful from the outset and made the stay incredibly enjoyable. Matthew's years of experience in the wine industry was invaluable, adding to that the magnificent backdrop of the vineyards where the school was set. A magical few days! I highly recommend it to anyone looking to expand their knowledge about wine as well as enjoy some serenity in the south of France.

Visited July 2012

Saint-Jean-Du-Gard, France
“Serious wine education in relaxed and beautiful atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Vinecole. The course was enjoyable and challenging at the same time. The setting was amazing!

Carcassonne, Languedoc-Roussillon, France
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Wine Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

Our party of 5 had a great wine experience day with Matthew Stubbs of Vinecole. It started with a tour of the vineyard at Domaine de Gayda, with insight into vine planting and growing. We then focussed on the wine making process. Gayda provided an excellent lunch on their terrace with great views of the Pyrenees. Afterwards we had a wine blending session, and this was followed by a tasting of 8 very different wines from across the Languedoc/Roussillon. All in all we had a very informative, and enjoyable, day. So this day comes highly recommended for those interested in wine and wine-making.

Visited July 2012
Chester, Cheshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Perfect every time...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

This was the second time I visited Vinecole. Initially I went with my partner in January 2011 and was fortunate enough to be able to return this Marh with my family. I could not recommend the whole experience enough. Matthew was as hospitable as ever and the tour was suitable for my younger sister, parents and grandparents alike with each taking something valuable away.

It is perhaps a misconception that to fully enjoy the Vinyards of France you should go during the summer, or in harvest season but this is untrue. Matthew is well equipped with everything you need to learn about the complete cycle of the grape to bottle processes.

During the winter months the Vinyards are much quieter making for a truelyy personal experience.

I plan on returning again next year and extending this jewel of a place to my friends and family.

Tank you once again for a wonderful experience.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Sophie_A_Field
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Balancing Health, Fitness & Wellness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

The Vinecole at Gayde came highly recommended by our host at nearby Domaine Le Puget. I had taken a group over for five days of health, fitness, wellness and some excursions and aimed to strike the right balance of activities. Matthew was most accomodating in fitting the tour into our schedule which was well received and enjoyed by all. We were brought right through from planting to harvesting to post production while on tour of the well maintained vineyard. Later in the impressive on site Vinecole we had the opportunity to test a number of different types of wines and get some expert information. Matthew has an extensive knowledge of the whole process, including sales and marketing, and was well able to answer any of the questions we threw at him, of which there were many. It is hard to take it all in during a three hour excellerated learning environment but it has really given me an appreciation of the whole process and the fun that goes with the experience. I am looking forward to a return visit with tapas and dessert which will satisfy the foodie in me as well. Highly recommended.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank NuTrishon

Been to Vinecole? Share your experiences!